First time grow, attic set up

Would plugging the AC into an ink bird controller work?

Idk if an inkbird controller has the components to be able to run the heavy draw of a window unit. If I were you and had the option, I would build a small room up there instead of the tent. Then you could mount the unit inside the room. Let me bring in the calvary @dbrn32

1 Like

I think typical Inkbird is good to 10a 120v. Not sure big ac unit is, but would need to look at full load current.

2 Likes

Unless I’m underestimating how much cooling I need, which is absolutely possible. I was going to use a relatively small analog AC, no built in thermostat, 5,000 btu and plug it into the inkbird. Also, lemme see if I can upload a picture of the space so you guys have a more clear picture. Thank you!

1 Like

Yeah the ink bird is 10a. I used it with a window ac (6.3a) in my garage and it worked just fine. The ink bird will now be your thermostat. So the ac needs to be an analog ac not a digital one.

2 Likes

Sounds right to me.

Worst case scenario, I can find contactor and thermostat that could be made to work. But there are probably larger current rated options available if need be.

Here are some pics of the attic room I plan to use, tried to get a few different angles. It’s 9’x8’x80”, basically framed out with sheetrock(some partial insulation, not much) with a functional window. Beyond those walls, above and to the sides are crawl/eve spaces and eventually the roof. FYI there is another room across the attic that is basically the same thing. I was going to place a tent in this room and go from there but then a suggestion of making the room itself a grow space surfaced based on a cooling/ventilation concern. So yeah, what do you guys think is the better option tent in the room or just the room?