First time grow, attic set up

I have this in another thread but I wanted to make it’s own topic so I can get more eyes on it. Want all the tips and tricks I can get. This is my first grow. Set up is in my attic directly above my bedroom. I ordered everything and moved into the attic from my bathroom as I had to conceal. My ventilation system got held up in transit so my set up ran for about 5 days without it. I had hell with the heat and humidity to the point I was starting to think this wouldn’t work. But I kept going. I added a intake fan pulling cool air in from the bedroom. This was all that saved me and even then the temp was high 80’s low 90’s and humidity was 30%. My vent system for exhaust finally showed up and went in yesterday. It was my much needed missing link. The exhaust air has actually cooled the entire attic space down to about 80 leaving the air in my tent around 75-80 and humidity up 22%. So here’s what I have.
4x2x6 tent
1000w LED full spectrum actually pulling about 235 at the wall. 18/6 on timer off time between 1pm-7pm hottest time of day here.
Small 8" fan for circulation
4" ventilation system for exhaust (not running filter until flower)
Additional 4" vent fan pulling cool air into tent from my bedroom.( Disguised as a central heat and air vent)
Just started nutes micro and grow per instructions on bottle
Watering every 2-3 day
Planning on 2 maybe 3 depending on the size. One already up is Ghost Train Fem
Other 6 are Trainwreck reg
Have White Widow, Granddaddy Black, Cheese, Green Crack and Bubba Kush coming.
Everything seems to be doing ok and much better now but I’m not above getting all the help I can get.

6 Likes

I am growing in my attic as well. I ran into several heat issues but have since gotten ironed out. Good luck with everything, growing in the attic is tough, but once I worked out my airflow I have been good.

6 Likes

location will be a continual heat problem…more so when it’s summer.

if possible, best to move out of attic.

1 Like

Same here I got the heat problem worked out. Adding the ventilation system pulling the air out of tent with the cool air blowing in it has cooled the entire attic space down to 78-80. It’s already in the 90’s here. After adding the other 4"fan on exhaust yesterday my attic feels as cool as my bedroom. Before you started sweating as soon as you went up. I think I’m gonna be ok with heat now. Attic is only place I can have it.

1 Like

The air coming out of the tent and blowing into the attic has worked like an air conditioner for the attic.

2 Likes

Attic was my only option as well. I steal air from my guest bathroom. My attic stays in the 90’s during the day and my tent will only reach 75 max. So its doable I’m just sayin. These 2 wwa are almost finished

5 Likes

If those were produced in your attic then I definitely have hope! I am not expecting anything like that my first time but hope to have something in the ballpark.

1 Like

These 2 plants are my first attempt at growing as well. You will do just as good!!

2 Likes

Great job just proves where there’s a will there’s a way.

1 Like

Heat was a big hurdle. I started with 4" duct fans and found out very fast that on a sunny day, you will have no chance. I have since bought two, 6" AC infinity fans. I run 4 QB120’s since they put off minimal heat. I remote mounted my driver outside of the tent as well. There is a lot of things you HAVE to do in order to keep that temperature in check.

You can go cheaper on ventilation whenever your down stairs and it works out, but not in the attic. The attic is like the ultimate gladiator arena. Prepare for war lol

1 Like

Haha. Ya I’m pretty passionate about it so I don’t intend to be beat. might have to fight like hell but I won’t be beat.

1 Like

But instead of fighting with your hands, your wallet will be your weapon.

1 Like

Well that’s not really a problem so I should be good. Lol

1 Like

I got my infinity AC fan in yesterday to replace the piece of crap I got from Lowe’s. That damn thing will suck a piece of paper straight to the vent lol. Putting out some cold air now! Thanks for the tip.

1 Like

I love em. And they run on DC power so its cost efficient too!! Glad you like em!!

I’m just running the infinity on the intake. Have a 4" prime garden on the exhaust. That thing will suck the tent in if it’s set to high. I like them both.

Hey @imSICKkid & @TXCanna was lurking on this and I’m dredging this thread up because I’m about to start a very similar set up in my attic space. Any advice/ encouragement you could provide would be amazing. As you could imagine it’s hot as hell up there. But it is a full walk up attic with two full functioning windows of which I’ll be placing an AC unit in one to cool the surrounding space and sending the tent exhaust out of the other. I’m going to do a 4x4 and almost positive I’ll be using HLG lighting. Possibly 2 of the new 350r’s? I was thinking of passive intake using a T6 to pull the AC air into the tent. I noticed that @imSICKkid used two T6’s was that for an active intake? Will the passive not be enough? Your stuff looked amazing and I’d love to see how @TXCanna attic project came out too! Thanks folks!

1 Like

If you have ducting in your attic that services your home then that’s what I would do versus trying to cool the whole attic or a section. I did have 2 6" a/c infinity fans on each side to keep the air rolling. Worked out well too.

2 Likes

Negative on that, old 1880 colonial. Will cooling a room with AC not be feasible in your experience?

Not the attic itself. But if you had a room INSIDE your attic you could make it happen for sure. Technically if you used a window unit to cool your tent only it would work for sure. Just see an issue with the thermostat to the ac unit not being inside the tent. Unless you could extend the sensor or something.

1 Like