First time grow. Any help is appreciated

Thats great man. Im glad i could shed se light. Good luck on your grow.

1 Like

If you have any questions feel free to ask. Im only on my second grow but i have learned so much. My next run i might just do 1 or 2 plants wng scrog the hell outta it lol.

2 Likes

Thanks man, well now that you mention it… I have just encountered my first issue.
In a nutshell, I’m doing 5 Dwc buckets, in a vivosun 4x4 tent, 480w mars hydro light, 6” duct fan. And white widow autoflower.
Yesterday after inspecting my first transplanted seed, I saw a very nasty look sac or goo around the one long root. So naturally I went to the net to find some information. Everything I saw were signs to disaster. So I took the bucket and plant out, went to wash the root off and it just broke off. Then I inspected the water, which I’m aware this whole thing was my undoing because the water was filthy! I didn’t clean the hydroton very good. And also I messed up when I was germinating the seeds. I put them in starter plugs, but then I put soil around the plugs. So when I transplanted into buckets some organic matter went in as well.
So far only the one plant has been effected as the others roots haven’t reached the water yet.
Any insight or general information would be mighty helpful.
Oh yah so I cleaned the bucket and tried to rinse the starter plug off as good as I can then replaced back into Dwc.

Wow sorry to hear that man. I dont grow in DWC. but I want to try in the future. These plants are strong and resilient and most times will bounce back. Just keep an eye out and try to be as careful as you can. We all break something on our plants once in a while.

2 Likes

I agree! So I guess we’ll see how resilient they can be!
So far I took out all buckets and washed with peroxide.
Then did a light wash over clay pellets to try not to disturb the little roots that still live.
Then redistributed the nutrients.
On all 5 of them. Hopefully they pull through. And well I suppose let this be an early lesson for you when go to DWC. Clean hydroton really good and do nottt add any soil to whatever starter plug you use, ie; rockwool, or rooters :smiley:

1 Like

Man i made a big mistake too qhen i started. So it was my first time using root riot plugs, and the propergator tray i got, the hole were too big for the plugs. They kept tipping over so i used the little small pots that came with it and put some happy frog soil in with the plugs. Well that was a bad idea, since i was planning on growing in coco loco, so when i transplanted the soil was slowly releasing nutrients to the plant ontop of what i was already feeding them. My friend who helps me out noticed the leaves loking funny and asked what was up why my plants looking like that, it wasnt after a little whole i remembered about the soil and he said thats your culprit lol. Had to do a major flush to get rid of the extra nutrients. They bounced back nicely.

1 Like

Wow! Yah I’ve come to realize they definitely don’t like having mixed nutrients!! But atleast you caught the problem early enough! Because your plants turned out beautiful !

1 Like

So I believe mine are going to bounce back. Think I detected that bad water early enough! There looking pretty healthy as of earlier today!

2 Likes

Oh also, my 6th plant I was prepared to just let die lol. When I lifted the plug to check the roots to see if it was ready for transplant, I broke the root because it was a lot deeper then I thought. Looked underneath it again this morning and the root grew back !

2 Likes

@CurrDogg420 hey bro. Whats good i missed you on hgcc. I read you were here. You have helped me on my last grow. Hope all is well.

2 Likes

Whats up my gromies. Just sharing my progress. The auto is on week 9 of flower and the photos in the back are 5 weeks in flower.

2 Likes

Hey @Mackerel! How’s it going good to see you! Your buds are looking fantastic!

How’d the one that got the “training” from your dog end up doing?

2 Likes

Hey man. That was a learning experience lol. They didn’t want to die. I grew them out for the experience and dried and cured it. I personally didnt really like the end result but my friends loved it. I didnt have a scale at the time so im not sure how much i pulled but it was a decent yeild factoring all that happened. Alot has changed since my last grow. Updated my light, found a way to make my environment more pleasing to the plants. Im feeling more confident but still learning as i go. Im glad i got back your connect you were really helpful to me. Thank you.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m still learning to have patience about the curing part myself. :joy: It seems like some of them need to be cured a lot longer than others. I grew some wedding cake, and I’ve been disappointed with it until just now. It’s been curing for over 12 weeks. Tried some last night again and now it’s on point, like a bit of dessert before bed, really sweet and vanilla cake flavor to it now. When I first put it in the jar it didn’t seem to have any smell or taste to it at all.

1 Like

I didnt have anywhere to dry my trees so after doing alot of research i found some prople who said they dried in their fridge. I was like wth, so because i was desperate i said to hell with it and tried it. I didnt put them in the fridge when i was supposed to and had them sitting out for a few days before putting them in. I can honestly say it wasnt bad at all. Buds dried real slow but at the end i had no hay smell or grass taste but still didnt have that smell or taste i was looking for. Im going to try it again but put them in right after cut. The things i have to do to make my grow work lol. The plants itself wasnt all that i guess due to all the stress they went thru. Heat stress, i had deficiency, over/under watering, dog biting the trees lol, snapped branches, and i think i didnt harvest at the rught time. It was a mess but i learned so much. Im growing in fox farm coco loco as i like that better than the soil. Im still learning about it as i go along.

1 Like

I think coco is the way to go when using the bottled nutes. It’s really a hydro type growing style with those, and when you start in the soil you sort of need to deplete it before you start them so it’s not messing with the nute ratios. Look like you’re getting some nice results. :+1:

1 Like

Yeah its my second run but what a journey. I think by my 5th grow i should be ok lol.

2 Likes