First time grow. 2 white widows from ILGM any help would be greatly appreciated

Using 100% compost. Okay seems I’m fine plants look great. I usually over water so I’ll try to not over do it.

:thinking::thinking: so is that like local soil n compost? It maybe fairly hot as is. Did u have a ppm meter?

@PurpNGold74 When I checked the compost tea with the tds meter it read 105.

@Bubblehead thanks for the help, seems to be working.

2 Likes

@PurpNGold74 I received the ph meter and started to learn it and have some fun. Most of the water I have is a higher ph so I’ve ordered ph up/down and I’ll fix that issue. I also had some water that was a perfect 5.5 ph so I’ll use that. Plants are doing well this week but has been a struggle with heat. Being these are in the garage and it’s 20 degrees outside.

It’s been a month and these girls are doing well!! :hugs:

2 Likes

@Beekeeper I am struggling with watering and feeding. How often do you water? Mine don’t look anything like that…:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I’ve been watering everyday or otherday with a spray bottle. Basically misting them. Only a few times have I watered with a watering can. When I did that I over watered and it ran right through. I adjusted the meter to 50/10 hoping to get my humidity up all little durning this stage. So far this meter has paid for itself. I’ve also only fed 2x.

1 Like

I’m glad the meter is working for you. That humidity should be perfect for your temp. Glass I could help. Now if I could get my plants to grow like yours I’d be all set.

1 Like

Bubblehead I could use some help also I didn’t know how else to do this without hijacking this thread but could you check out the new thread I started on my problem installing a TaoTronics Humidifier. Thanks

Seems like most the water I have had pretty high ph levels. I’ve been walking around with the ph meter testing everything, Getting to know how it works like you suggested. I’m even experimenting with something to get my ph level just right. I started this project for fun but now it’s getting VERY fun. :joy:

3 Likes

Lol yup. Its all UBER addictive. Wait til u get to nutes… spoiler alert. Ur gonna need pH up by the gallon. Nutes when added drop the pH HARD. But keep tinkering. Ull b a pro in notime

@PurpNGold74 @blackthumbbetty Can you help or send me in the right direction? At what point should I be lowering my plants and letting them stretch out toward the lights? Right now they are sitting on something about 15” high.

1 Like

Note. I fed some Foxwoods nutes tonight. Waiting for light to arrive tomorrow for install sometime this weekend. Garage has been getting cold but heater is doing an excellent job. Fan and switch @Bubblehead are working flawlessly.

1 Like

Excellent! I have a new light arriving on Friday for a 2x2 I just set up.

1 Like

They look pretty bushy but they’ll stretch on their own once they start flowering though. Then you will need all extra room you can get.

2 Likes

@Bubblehead @dbrn32 @PurpNGold74 @blackthumbbetty I’m pretty sure I already know the answer but here goes. I was experimenting with adding banana peels to my water and it puts the ph level at a perfect 6.0. The only issue is after I filtered out any banana parts it still has a very strong smell. I can assume feeding this to plants will cause bacteria issues? Right now I have only used it twice with a spray bottle. Any insight?

I’m not sure, I’d be willing to bet it attracts bugs though.

3 Likes

If it were outdoors I think it would be ok. But like DB said I think it might attract bugs or you might be right on it risking bacteria. I’m sure the organic people might know better one way or the other.

1 Like

@MattyBear @dbrn32 @Bubblehead @PurpNGold74 The new qb 135 light is in and looks amazing!!!

7 Likes