First time grow. 2 white widows from ILGM any help would be greatly appreciated

So I can use tds and ph meter I assume?

Yes, both a TDS and pH meters are part of the recommended kit.

Those tds levels you mentioned are for water right? I’m confused how the water level can go up later? Can you explain?

Dang dude. We started somewhere else n ended up here and i didnt notice neither :sweat_smile::sweat_smile: @Beekeeper thats the sign of learning and a good journal tho. A few completely random bits of knowledge :joy::rofl::joy: yay more questions!

1 Like

As you add more nutrients in the second half of flowering your tds will rise because the water will have more disolved solids. @PurpNGold74 @DoobieNoobie @raustin these folks have more experience and may be able to explain better.

1 Like

Yay more tags!

I tested a few random waters I had around with my tds meter here’s what I got…
Compost tea 105
Banana water :joy: 348
146 condensation water from my house heater
168 Tap water
114 filtered brita water

Ok pH meter by far wins here. PH is seriously the devil. Now ppm/tds go hand in hand with pH but thats after u have it under control. How are u watering? From the tap?

But u asked about the changing ppm so we start there. Ppms you want to control. Say ur tap water is 100 ppm. After u add 4 tsp of various nutes its 1000 ppm. If u check ur runoff water coming from the pot and its… 1000 ppm? Or lower. U can feed her heavier next time. Like maybe 4.5 tsps of various nutrients. If your runoff is 1400+ then she isnt eating. So you can feed her water. And that is most usually a sign of pH being out of wack. So again pH pH pH. Damn i hate pH’n. But its like the most underrated ‘trick’ to growing.

6 Likes

@PurpNGold74 I added a small fan tonight. I’ll see what the humidity reads tomorrow. Any thoughts on the pictures I posted tonight out of the grow light.

1 Like

Looks slightly nute burnd. I think we should get you a topic started and go from there tho. Check what i posted and ill get screenshots for starting one for ya

Ok.
First go up to the top n click this

Then this

This voila

Shouldn’t I keep it in the journal? If not what catagory should it be in?

@Bubblehead @PurpNGold74 just ordered that ph meter you suggested. It will be here tomorrow. I have so much to learn.

1 Like

Good deal. And u really dont. Also i suggest ordering some pH up and down or the meter is kinda… semi helpful lol. But seriously. The ladies look good. Ur doing fine. Whatever water u got must be close enough.

U can put it in grow journals. Name it the strain and ur first grow. And describe your setup in the post. Soil. Compost. Ur lights. How u water n how often u water. Etc. then tag me. Like @ then my name. Like @Beekeeper

3 Likes

This is my grow journal, see my first post?:blush:

1 Like

Lol to many people with too many questions in one thread lol. We all got confused on it. :joy::rofl:

1 Like

Haha i sure got misconstrued. Think @greyhound had asked that

1 Like

I’ll be creating another thread today. I have more questions!

@Beekeeper I’d recommend keeping all your questions here and not starting another thread. This is your journal and you may want to reference in the future. Plus, I believe, it will be easier to get your questions answered in one location…but that is just me.

2 Likes

I agree. It’ll be easier to find that way

2 Likes