First time grow. 2 white widows from ILGM any help would be greatly appreciated

what kind of carbon filters? are they like refrigerator ice filters and you just hang them up? I am kinda scared that I might blow a breaker. all I have is 1 900 watt light and a humidifier and a timer I am worried it wont work if I add a fan

so like run some ductwork up into my attic?

Keep picking their brains.

thanks, I need it maybe a few years from now I will be a mentor…

Not at all. After a solid grow or two ull have loads of valuable info. No one knows it all.

I bought 20 seeds from here and I only planted 4 I have the other seeds in my freezer in a Ziploc bag x2 . sound ok? I plan on having a constant grow of 4so my little indoor closet will have to get lots of changes like better lights and ductwork but I am trying all thanks to you guys for it all=talk soon

I think thatll do. Not sure bout the freezer. Just airtight n dark works

ok thanks maybe in a dark box trunk I have, really thanks for all this knowledge it is priceless. maybe I will help someone that needs it someday here

I’m wondering if I’m doing my exhaust fan the right way. I was sucking the air out of my tent and pumping it into another tent with less fun things growing. The thing is the other tent isn’t as cold as the tent im sucking the air from. Hopefully this makes sense. I’ll add a pic. I did this to lower the humidity levels.

2 Likes

I just realized we are walking all over @Beekeeper’s thread. Sorry about that! Let me know if youd like I can try and clean it up for you.

@greyhound if you have a thread or journal going let’s take the stuff for your space there please. Tag me and I’ll catch up.

All good no worries

1 Like

I am sorry if I did something wrong. I will try to learn the way this goes. I have never been in a chat room before so I am really new. I do not have a journal and I do not know what a thread is but I will work on finding out. boy what a bad first impression.

1 Like

so sorry I was the one butting in. I am working on how to maneuver this whole thing so I am really sorry. I do not want to seem rude I want to belong and learn all I can . so sorry

1 Like

Your fine we’re all here to learn and hopefully teach others later. Pay it forward.

4 Likes

@PurpNGold74 I did the same thing. @Beekeeper I went with the less expensive model and ended up with the Apera. Now the less expensive one is my back up. I still use a less expensive TDS meter.

1 Like

Cool thanks!

Updated pictures the last is the things I have the plants on to keep closer to the lights. First picture is the plant on the right. Second is left

2 Likes

@Beekeeper What soil are your plants in? Have you been feeding them?

It’s strictly compost I get from a local place here. A huge compost operation that does 800lbs of waste a day. I’ve feed fox woods big bloom 2x. Once last Monday and once yesterday. Is a tds the same as a ph meter? I have this.

1 Like

TDS is Total Disolved Solids and is measured in ppm. This measurement will tell you how much stuff you have in your water. From what I understand later in the flowering stage where the nutrient levels go up your TDS can be from 800-1200. Right now mine is between 250-300. A pH meter will tell you how acidic or basic your water. Depending on media used our plants like water with a pH of 5.5-6.8. If the pH gets out of wack it can affect your grow.

This is the pH meter we were discussing. There are less expensive ones.

https://www.amazon.com/Apera-Instruments-AI311-Replaceable-2-00-16-00/dp/B01ENFOIQE/ref=sr_1_12_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1546905608&sr=8-12-spons&keywords=ph+meter+for+water&psc=1