First time grow. 2 white widows from ILGM any help would be greatly appreciated

I edited the above message. Hope i answered your question

thanks for that lighting thing…anything else anyone thinks would help I am ready

Nice. The one on the right doesnt need topping. She is gonna be a bushy beast. Definitely the indica pheno. The one on the left looks more sativa like and like she wants to grow tall. Look into LST and supercropping. They are super beneficial and minimal risks (be gentle!)

2 Likes

No problem man. Anymore questions just ask

The stated coverage area for your light is about 2x2.5 per manufacturer. That’s about in line with how we typically treat similar lights. The par map provided suggests you can run the light probably as low as 12" if you harden plants properly, but you’ll get better coverage at 18-24" Yo could probably use more light if using that entire space.

1 Like

See light doc☝🏾 No way in heck was i gonna know that

Ph meter for water or soil? I’ll look now on amazon.

1 Like

Get the one that checks water. Those soil meters are wonky. Also gon drop a few extra on a solid one. I bought a $9 that only got used a month. My apera was $39 and its worth the extra

Wish ida spent $80 on the ph/ppm meter from apera.

3 Likes

Me too! But oh well to late now.

thanks for the help. I really want this to work and I do not have lots of money. but I want to do it right. I want to keep this up 4 plants always growing. the autoflower white widow is supposed to be easy hope so the next time around will be better, I will move the button to both and lower the humidity when the plant gets 1 foot tall just to be sure. I did not top anything I want to scrog?butnot sure how don’t want to smush it all…you guys are great …really thanks for the mentors…

2 Likes

No point trying to scrog a auto. They don’t veg long enough to make it work. And most agree that autos shouldn’t be topped. Only LST for autos. Anything more unless perfectly timed will hurt the plant more than help.

No problem. I wouldn’t worry about a scrog right now, especially with as many plants as you have. You can certainly grow with what you have, will probably just be lacking some density in your buds.

thanks for replying. I was ready to read all night about scrogging. with lst is that just daily gentle manipulation or do you do anything with aids?

1 Like

Like bsdm with plants. U can use anything that will restrain and not cut into the stem. Some people lst with scrogging nets. :joy: bamboo sticks. Wire hangar

just what I want is problems with harvesting, I am not even ready for that yet. I think I need to add a fan or filter the smell is getting powerful in my closet I am growing legally because I got my medical marijuana card but still if an electrician or cable guy comes or something I am trying to figure out what to say

1 Like

and you just lay it gently over the top? but in my 4th week of auto it probably needs to be with a non auto right? I will wait for spring and grow some in my backyard in my flowergarden

They’re not law enforcement, and you’re not required to explain yourself to them. If you feel the need, just tell them that you’re medically approved for it.

I can understand wanting to maintain low profile though. If you purchase a fan try to get one with decent speed control. And the inexpensive carbon filters on Amazon seem to do a fairly reasonable job of keeping scent down.

Until the plant gets into flowering mode fully you can still do LST. It’s just bending the plant over and or spreading limbs outwards. The plant will realize something is restricting its growth and will put energy into the branches going outwards instead of up.

where do I put the carbon filters? dumb question right. something like a clip on fan would be ok?

Standard way is put filter in space with fan pulling air through the space and exhausting outside of the space. You would need a duct or inline styled fan to do this.