First time grow. 2 white widows from ILGM any help would be greatly appreciated

I started these December 11/15th in soil after the first signs of tap roots.
24x24x56 tent in my garage
Garage avg temp 61 degrees
Roleadro led 1000w light
6” 240 Cfm exhaust fan
Currently running the lights 24/7 but plan to drop it to 20/4
While I’m having a lot of fun so far I have a few issues.
I’m probably over watering. I’ve been misting the leaves everyday and also watering every few days. My humidity is really high like last night it reached 92%. I’m using the exhaust fan from 5am to 8am and again 5pm to 12am. Last issue is I see some flying bugs I assume are I nats. I’m using some hanging sticky rolls I bought a from Home Depot. Temps at 730am we’re 63 degrees today. Picture is from last Thursday. I have since moved the trays of seeds out. I’m thinking over watering is creating my high humidity levels and I’m thinking maybe adding a small fan would help?

2 Likes

You need to get your temps UP…you want about 80 F when lights on, and about 65 F when lights out. that should help with humidity and if still an issue you will have to run your exhaust fan 24/7. Also you didn’t mention having a little fan in tent to circulate the air around, that is a must. But get temps up and fan in tent then see where you are at, worse case is you will have to put small heater and dehumidifier. Good luck

3 Likes

Best way to get the heat up is adding a heater? Also any advice on a good small fan for a 2x2 tent anyone?

Unless you are able to turn garage heat up if you can
And basically just an oscilating fan works good. a lot of people use the clip on fans in small tents also

Over watering will also lead to knat problems. Get that taken care of and try one of the soil coating products to keep fresh eggs from hatching.

2 Likes

@Liljoe thanks I ordered a small fan and small heater.

1 Like

@PurpNGold74 here’s my grow.

1 Like

Im here and watching. Great advice above. Best way to control environment in tent is to control the room it is vented from. That extra fan is as said, mandatory. When younger, u shouldnt be watering completely to runoff. What size pots are those? Looks about ready for transplant.

On the gnats. Sticky tape isnt really the end all. Its more for diagnosis’s what kinda bug u got. Small flying ishes in a garden are more then likely gnats. Ive seen a few people around here use a product called ‘gnat nix’ im sure amazon or the hydro store would have it. I use food grade DE i got for the cheap. Its SUPER messy tho. Just apply to top layer of soil every week or so to kill babies and no more gnats :+1:t5:

Last but not least pH meter! Get one. Study it. Practice it religiously. PH is the root of all evil to us growers. :wink: any other questions, just shoot. Someone will be around. Also for ish and giggles… meet a few of the fam

@raustin (mentor extraordinare) @blackthumbbetty (her thumb aint black)
@dbrn32 u met he is the light doc @DoobieNoobie is the research guy
@garrigan62 is for ANY problem u could have. There are LOADS more and dont worry. I wont hesitate to poke em if needed
@Bubblehead here u are

11 Likes

@Bubblehead here thank you!

1 Like

I thought I would ask you for lighting questions. I have a phizon? 900 watt led with veg and flower buttons. I am growing white widow auto and am growing in a 2x6x8 closet lined with mylar and I am growing in 4 gallonpot per plant. I have been on 18/6 lighting schedule but it is the 4th week shouldn’t I switch to flowering button or do I leave both buttons flower and veg on together? how close to the plants should my light be? please help me I feel like I have to make a move but do not want to make the wrong one…thanks

1 Like

First breathe… wooo saaaa. Ok. Ur at the 4th week. So flower light not necessary really until u get to flowering. Some people run both thru veg and flower. How many plants u got in there? N do u know how many actual wall watts ur pulling?

@greyhound i just saw ur question on the other page. Another important question. Are u ready to flip to flower now? Girls approximately half the size u expect them to reach? If so, yes by all means flip to 12-12 and both switchs. U gotta pic?

1 Like

Thanks for the tag @PurpNGold74

I’ll be following along. I don’t know as much as these others but I can usually find an answer or the right person to answer. Lots of good advice already up above. Definitely get the environmental stuff straightened out asap. It’s really important for best growth.

2 Likes

The more eyes the better right man. :joy:

3 Likes

@PurpNGold74 these are 5 gallon pots I thought these were good until the end. Ph meter for water or soil?

1 Like

Damn ur at the edge of 5 gall pots a couple weeks in? :+1:t5: Can u try to take another pic in normal lighting? And have u topped at all?

1 Like

ok now is the time for everybody to laugh…I do not know how to take pics and post them anywhere…i have an apple ipod so I have the capability just not the knowledge. I have had 3 brain tumors so I am a little slow on the learning curve. I have 4 plants in there each one in its own 4 gallon pot. I have a 900 watt led light with flower and veg buttons. it has been planted 4 weeks now and I thought in 4 weeks I was supposed to switch to flower button and change humidity and lights… also how close should the light be to the top of the plant?

My black thumb and I will be following along.

2 Likes

High intensity light 24-30 inches away.

Deciding when to flower is your call. Minimum is usually around 4 weeks. But people normally take there space vertically (guess 6 ft). Account for hanging light and spacing (24-30) inches u need to maintain. (34 inches w/ light) and subtract from vertical space. 6ft - 3ft. So u have space for 3 ft of plant. When ur plant is a foot and a half tall you NEED to flip immediately because she will double in height when flowering. Got me?

To post pics. U use camera app to take them. Then come to the page and click this button in the lower righthand corner…

2 Likes

really, iknow someone out there knows what to do. my plants are about 7inches tall and 2 are kinda leggy and 2 are bushy they look good to me. but my knowing is nothing. really have invested lots of time and money and certainly do not want to mess up now…plan to keep growing forever as I just got my medical card…

1 Like

I haven’t topped bc I’m too nervous and didn’t want to mess anything up. I’ll get a better pic tonight!