First time grow, 2 weeks in

Ok so, small photo update and I ordered the 135w qb v2. Again thank you everyone for your input!! Its amazing the amount of knowledge everyone has.
Day 18, GSC extreme Auto, ILGM.
Coco perlite.

@SKORPION, time to soak in some of your knowledge if you have free time, I have order you suggested light, while reading over it, the light has multiple settings for different growth cycles, since im growing a auto what would be the ideal setting ?

1 Like

The settings are for lowering wattage , the light you got is just enough for your space so I would turn it up and leave it thru the entire grow. I just raise my lights all the way up and turn them all the way up and just leave them I never adjust anything.

1 Like

Thank you! Just 3-5 longs days of waiting, also my blueberry bean showed its top today. Other two taking their time!

20200723_131849|375x500

1 Like

Nice, I got 3 two weeks from harvest , then I got 2 that are three weeks old. And I’m gonna start the next few seedlings in about 2 weeks. Waiting on a seed order to arrive.

Those first 2 pics at the top are 2 weeks in?! Damn. I’m at 2 weeks as of tomorrow and mine are like 2.5 inches tall. Ha. They look healthy but no where near as big as yours at 2 weeks.

@Ryanz27 the first photo the plant was exactly 16 days old I had to go back and look at the time stamp on the photo, but yes slighty over 2 weeks. Lol don’t be impressed out of 5 little beans only one made it this far 1 never germinated, 1 I’m sure drown cause it just fell over in the middle. One made it to day 5, and fell over, and 1 died to drying out cause i forgot about it :upside_down_face: :sweat_smile:. Its been trial and error, but the 5th try is working so far.

Also the little amnesia bean decide to break the surface. Beans a fed 6.5phed water(thanks to the new ph meter) also my nut mixture balances its self out to 6.0 to 6.5 figured that out after mixing a new batch today water from tap was 7.13 after nut mix was a 6.1 looks like i bought ph up and down for no reason. But good to have if I decide to try another growing medium.

The little blue berry seed took 41 hours to pop through dirt, amnesia 70 hours to break dirt. Northern is taking her time.

I’ve started a literal journal so I can keep up with ph on every feed, feed time, time to dry out, average room temperature, average room humidity, might go as wild at to actually laser measure weekly height gain, im not solid on the ppm that i need for every week but im gonna start testing ppm before feed and after flush run off. See how much is actually being taken and adjust so there is never extra to be left and build up.

1 Like

@SmallTree Trial and error. You are 100% right on that. This is my very first grow too. Currently trying to find a good balance for temp and humidity and airflow. Seems like I can usually get 2 of those 3 dialed in. But then 1 of the 3 will be off. I’ll have to play around more with my fans, AC unit in my room and the humidifier until I get it all down. Here’s what mine look like after 13 days from the time I placed them in water to germinate.

@Ryanz27 looks good, Alive is the best part!! The slow growth could be the large pot, ive read alot on here that the larger pots make it harder to water properly and it cause the roots to stop downward growth faster, on the next run start it in a solo cup a clear one if u can, because then you can watch root growth :wink:, when root growth encompasses 70 of the visible cup, transfer it to the forever pot. Noticed watering has alot to do with the growth in the first couple weeks. To much water and she will grow slow :snail:.

I found a abundance of knowledge on this forum, grows with grow experience reaching my own age :sweat_smile::rofl:, found this pic that might explain the small cup starting better than me.

Lol i made the choice to start them in the forever pot, think that could of been my issue for the drown seed, I watered the whole pot, waited and when the top was dry, mainly because of air flow, i decided well its dry i should water it again, not thinking that a inch past the quarter inch of dry was soaking wet still, she couldn’t breath and fell over, not saying the slow growth is because of the larger pot but so far the solo cup start has resulted in my only living plant, i start in starter discs soon as the first round leaves are out i put it in a solo cup and under light, I was worried when I transferred it to the larger pot, lol think it was like 3 days after I transplanted it I made this post because i seen no new growth and was worried. You got this mainly because it’s alive, and now you have a forum full of knowledge and friendly people willing to share it with you. Good luck hope to see that plant as it gets bigger.

I have no argument your choice is a much better light. I had a light failure and my suggestion was all I could afford.

1 Like

Too high… i was referring to @SKORPION recommendation for a light. He has a lot more experience than I do. Just finishing my very first grow- blueberry auto from Robert here @?ILGM. Many mistakes but still very fun, and I’ll get a lot more from this than I would at a disp.

2 Likes

@patchman have any end of growth pics of the blueberry? i just started a blueberry auto myself.

Yes I do. I keep looking at her and thinking “I guess it might be 1 more week til harvest…” she is not the biggesy or the baddest, (I am just glad she lived this long lol). Good luck and have fun with it!

1 Like

@patchman
Thats a beautiful plant, Ihope mine looks half as good :+1:

Hey,
I think you will have some great plants! You see those lights in that 1st pic? Those were my growing lights for about 3 weeks!!! Lol I guess its just my redneck mentality. “Oh shit! The light quir working!!! Its 4:26AM, I gotta go get some lights NOW!” So off to wal mart I went. Do you know that Walmart internet store sells an oil press? Dang. Ok. I will zhut up. (Too medicated)

1 Like

@SmallTree Thank you very much for that explanation. It makes sense too. I went from placing the seeds in water until I saw a little tail, then placed them directly into Rapid Rooters which were then placed in their final location. I didn’t do the solo cup. You are right about making it harder to water too… it’s hard to gauge when they need water when they are in their final big pots already and being so small. Most of the water seems to get absorbed by the rest of the soil when I water them lightly. Causing me to water them more. Oh well. Lesson learned.

@Ryanz27 no problem try to eliminate all early growth issues, drop in solo cup, or place the seed in the solo cup with chosen growing medium(make sure to add drain holes on the bottom), vigorously water it, use 50% of a empty cup as a estimate for water, then dome them and wait. Im afraid to do the soak the seed method, because even light root damage when planting the little tailed girl can cause extremely slow growth or stop it in all, thats what made me choose to skip the soaking germination and go with growing medium germination. As long as u keep it domed with say a solo cup cut in half and place it over the seed to hold moisture they should survive very easy.

GL feel free to drop back by and show the plant off as it grows or ask questions, im new but I read ALOT.

Lol plant looks good @patchman I completely understand both budget restraints and redneck mentality. I got one question while you had that blueberry under those interrogation lights did it tell you where it’s friends were?