Aotea Grow Journal

Sweet. I will need to look into a dehumidifier if my RH is too high. What temp should I be wanting on average then ?

1 Like

If you can hold say 74F light on and 45 to 55%RH youā€™ll be golden!

1 Like

Ok so tent temp is not sitting better at 19-22 deg so letā€™s say 20.5 deg average and the RH is sitting around 50% so things are looking better. Did a feed with pHā€™d water and 1ml/L of each of my nutes.
Run off readings where as follows

Rose
200ml - 20%
pH 6.25
Ppm 1100

Monster
300ml - 30% (could of waited a day to water maybe ?:man_shrugging:t3:)
pH6.11
Ppm860

Iā€™m feeling good with these readings and the plants sure look good so Iā€™ll keel going how Iā€™m going :sunglasses:

7 Likes

How much indica has that one with your hand in picture got. Big leaves.
What makes me ask this question
Cheers @AoteaGrower
Looking premo

2 Likes

plants look real healthy!

1 Like

@MaD-VapoR been following along on your journal and just wanted to make sure I got it right. You are doing a flush before every feed ? Whatā€™s the reason for this ? Thanks

1 Like

I couldnā€™t tell ya mate. Itā€™s a bag seed but it certainly looks to have a fair amount in it haha. Iā€™m sure they will get even bigger when the plant matures more

1 Like

I read someone here was running clear water before running nutes. Canā€™t remember when, why or who. Main reason I started doing that a while back was me mixing in a 5 gal bucketā€¦and 5 gals did not give me enough runoff so I did clear water first (2-3 gallons) then 5 gal of nutes.

Now I am doing that to get a ppm reading before feeding (if you follow along you know I had a salt buildup), and will continue until I mix enough for a weeks worth of feeding. I have the barrel, wavemaker, timer, etc., just havenā€™t had the time to get it set up. And now Iā€™m so close to the end I donā€™t need the bulk of regular Jacks since Iā€™ll run their ā€œFinishā€ nutes in a week or two.

That make sense? And if someone can tell me why not to do the clear water first Iā€™ll stop. I canā€™t imagine itā€™s hurting anything.

3 Likes

Yea rose bag is a heavy leaning indica, interestingly monster is still growing , trying to force her to nanna, still no sign that she will , be good to get seeds off her as they will be fem seeds and good to have in the bank .

1 Like

I had to do that on a plant it nutrient locked on me so I flushed it with PH water to get the ppmā€™s down. After that I continued flushing before feeding for the rest of the grow the plant did well. My current grow a plant quit growing in the auto pots again I flushed it with water and gave it a 2gal Jacks 321 flush plant is doing fine.

2 Likes

Yepā€¦seems to be working fine for me. I canā€™t think of anything ā€œwrongā€ with doing it that way.

2 Likes

:+1:t3:

1 Like

Your using Jacks do you use Bloom

1 Like

I did use Bloom and in a couple weeks I will use Finish. Iā€™m following the latest feed scheduleā€¦seems to be working for meā€¦no deficienciesā€¦just a sticky tent. :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks for that with my current readings do you think itā€™s needed that I run a flush first ? You must get a lot of run off each feed tho right ?

I get a lot of runoff if I do more than 2 gals of clear water. And I want that right now with my ā€œissueā€. My runoff numbers are better now but I will still do 4-5 gallons clear water then 1/2 or full strength Jacks depending on runoff numbers (I did 1/2 strength this morning)ā€¦at least for a couple more feeds (every 3 days).

What was the ppm reading of your input nutes last feed? I see the numbers for the runoff and they donā€™t look that bad to me. If it were me I would feed them when theyā€™re readyā€¦and check the runoff again.

1 Like

Wrong plant never mindā€¦lol

1 Like

Correct pic Just read your plant and go with your gut feeling flushing wont hurt a thing.

:upside_down_face: :v:t3:

3 Likes

I donā€™t have my notes but from memory my ppm of water in was around 860

2 Likes

Feed them and monitor runoff. If it were me Iā€™d be happy and would keep on truckinā€™.

2 Likes