Aotea Grow Journal

Subscribed

2 Likes

for future ref:

Hi All
Its been a while since any updates. Plants have grown in the past 10 days. Had to do a few mini flushes with pH’d water to get the ppm from my hot soil when i repotted. All is well now and they are back on the nutes. I have started to mix my nutes in a bucket and then measure out the quantities as i got sick of mixing in 1L batches :sweat_smile:. Envirment controll is getting better with my little dehumidifyer trying its best to keep RH% dowm. Here are some pic’s. will be flipping these to flower in a week as i need toget them underway so that i can have the tent clear for some Alpine Star thats on its way.
Thanks too everyone thats been following along. :hugs:

5 Likes

Have you considered defoliation?
I run a dehumidifier 24/7 in the grow room and the tent RH runs around 60+% while the room is at 38%
Bye trimming the big fan leaves from the plants ( not the small ones ) brings the RH down to the lower 50’s Everyone’s conditions are different but thats what works for me. Plants are looking good :+1:t3:

3 Likes

Another little snip of info I want to keep for later. Grow 4: Cherry Ice Cream! - #901 by Hellraiser

2 Likes

Defol went well last night and gave them another feed. All readings are looking good. Will give them once more light cycle in vege then iv got to flip them so will be 12/12 from now on. Here are a few pics of how they look now

6 Likes

Here’s to 12/12 @AoteaGrower
Rock on

3 Likes

why are your leaves all droopy?

2 Likes

Only thing I can think of is my low RH% which due to the cold snap we have had where I live is very low. Average about 40%. I have taken some more photos after a night under light and they still havnt perked up also looks like some form or nute burn on the fan leaves ?

Can anyone clarify for me ? @MaD-VapoR @Covertgrower @TLC @Hellraiser @Fergus
Thanks

1 Like

Yes just a little Nutrient burn.

2 Likes

sweet is it worth making any chnages ? and any idea on why my leaves are so droopy ?
thanks for the fast response :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Not sure about the droopy but I doubt its the RH. I’ve had low RH recently and mine didn’t droop like that. Did you just feed?

2 Likes

How much and how often do you water? Watering to runoff? Ph and TDS of runoff?

I’ve grown in very low humidity conditions (RH in the 20’s) and don’t get droopy leaves.

3 Likes

I fed 12 hours ago and feed there abouts every 3 days. Feed 2L each and get about 200-300mL of runoff per plant. pH and PPM of both plants was around 6-6.2 pH and 1100-1200 PPM

1 Like

Numbers look OK, though a little low on the runoff ppm but I read you had done some mini-flushes which would explain that, seeing a bit of paleness on some leaves could also be from the mini-flushes, using any calmag?

No cal-mag. Ppm was way up in the 4000 mark before the flush’s so need to get that down a little. I was told 1200 is the goal. Is that not the case ?

300 ml is roughly 10 ounces usually run off is more than that. 2L is .528 US Gallon if my conversion is correct? Your soil in the pic looks dry and I’m thinking your plants are thirsty. The plants I have grown in soil at your stage I was watering every other day if not sooner the plants now that are in coco is consuming 1/2 gal a day each if not more.

depending on soil for watering every 3 days. i water typically once a week in my supersoil but water a gallon each time. i am in 3 gallon pots, and size of pot while effect how often you water also. to me, it is either over watering or underwatering. really need to only water or feed when the plant wants it, not according to a schedule that you set. pot needs to be light(in weight) when you water.

2 Likes

This is why I like the Auto Pot’s lol Super Soil thats a interesting media.

1 Like

Iv read to aim for 10% runoff which I’m getting a little over so think that’s about right. Iv been waiting untill the pots are light before water not working on a 3 day schedule but it works out roughly about every 3 days.

I am also in 3 gallon pots

3 Likes