First time groing in Aotearoa

Land of the long white cloud

Hi all as u can tell from my name :sweat_smile: this is a new thing for me, i have an indoor setup which consists of a 900mm x 1200mm x 1600mm tent, 200w LED quantum board and the usual extractor and fan set up. im running two clones from a friend that i put in the tent 24hrs ago. i moved them into 4L pots as soon as i got them and just running some good quality local potting mixed call POT POWER :rofl: will be looking at watering at least once a day with 100ml of pHtested water (around 6.5pH) but will be checking soil moister content with a basic moister meter to see if im under/over watering. will stick to just water feeding for a week then will move onto feeding with regen-a-root and possibly other nuts as i learn whats needed. tent is runnig at high of 26 deg celcius and a low of 16 at night, im running a 18/6 cycle during the night to help with temp during the colder hours. im a little unsure on what hight to have my light above the plants so any help there would be appreciated. im doing my best to learn from all the knowledge on this forum but would be very greatful to any input and guidence along the way. @TLC @MoBilly @Dman1969 @Leholf @Blackmoon @Hellraiser please feel free to tag others or follow along.

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum :beers: :v:t3:

2 Likes

Sweet good one mate definitely tagging along!

1 Like

My rule of thumb with the light of which I’m new to QB’S also is 20 inches read the plant and adjust the watts accordingly and height if needed. I think theres other issues you feeding nuets?

3 Likes

I’m stoked for your grow and you are In amazing hands. @dbrn32 is the go to light :bulb: guy! Thanks :pray: for tagging :label: me! I’m set to watching. :v::call_me_hand:

1 Like

They were 45 day mummys, purposely kept small, they have been re potted inside 24hours and may have had there first sleep ? Your mate may have over watered before the travel :grimacing: I’m sure he didn’t mean too

1 Like

20 inch’s sweet I can do that. I also have a dimmer on the light to so makes it easy for those small adjustments right. sorry for I’ll the imperial guys out there. I’ll do my best to start working in imperial but might still spit out the odd metric measurement :joy:

4 Likes

Lol your not going to start driving on the right hand side of the road too are ya ?

3 Likes

I would say about 2’ dimmed to maybe 60%. If you need to run light hotter to keep temps up run the light a little higher. You don’t want to pummel plants with light intensity while small. Too much light early can stack nodes right on top of each other.

6 Likes

That can make nice bud’s if things work out :v:t3:

1 Like

I’m set to watching

2 Likes

Thanks for the tag! Save me a spot on the couch right in front of the hookah!
:pray::v: :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

Moved the light up to 20 inches and checked the soil moister content both reading a little on the wet side. So will be leaving them be for the night.

4 Likes

Nice , they have perked up well

1 Like

Are you feeding nutrients? And is there drainage holes in the pots?

1 Like

No nutrients yet and yes the pots have holes in them

1 Like

What type of soil are you using.

Good quality local potting mix

2 Likes

I love the irony of buying pot power for actual pot growing , I wonder if they wonder when I buy it :wink:

Thats Hot Soil.
From past experience I would recommend a flush and test the PPM’S from the run off :v:t3: