First time Greenhouse

Just recently joined, and thought I’d post an intro. I’m 61 and have a medical card and decided to try to grow my own. First, here’s what I got. A 7x15 greenhouse, two 4x4 hydro trays, around 1000+ watts supplemental lighting. Using Happy Frog soil, Fox Farm Big Grow and others from same. Started indoors, and moved to greenhouse as soon as it was up. I haven’t kept much of a journel, just record auto flower plant dates. Using 5 and 7 gal grow bags. Two floor fans and couple of duct fans for cooling. And, kerosene heater when I need to heat. And we have a veggie garden, too.

5 Likes

The one thing you really need to worry about when growing cannabis in a greenhouse is excess humidity causing bud rot. You may want to plan for that eventuality and pick up a good-sized dehumidifier and FYI you (almost) can’t have too much airflow on your plants either.

3 Likes

Thanks, I noticed a lot of condensation in the spring, in mornings. Luckily I got away with no rot. I’ll watch for it later on summer. I have got lots of airflow, two floor fans, two small cieling fans, and two vent fans. And, I Installed a screen door.

2 Likes

As @Myfriendis410 said. I can attest to the bud rot on my WW autos in the greenhouse. 10" of rain in two weeks did not help

If the top of the greenhouse is fully enclosed its difficult to passively vent it. Most greenhouses employ large circular fans. I have straight back wall with large openings at the top

I put a 240 cfm vent fan and 2 small ceiling fans at the top, vented aot the side, for the top.