First time girl scout cookie extreme autos

@BamaGrowLabz

i want to thank you so much for the help on the light

4 Likes

@blackthumbbetty light has been shipped and will be here weds. at what height above the plants do you think i want to put it and is there any reason to dim it

1 Like

I start my plants at 110 watts, hanging 32-36 inches from top of seedlings. Yes, I recommend taking advantage of the dimming function.

1 Like

@blackthumbbetty, @dbrn32 i have to admit i am pretty lost when it comes to the lighting part. what is the advantage of dimming it, i always was under the impression you wanted as many watts as possible on the plants , how do/will i know when to turn it up. plants are now under the 2 viper spectra ( 200 watts ea) with both veg and bloom switched on. anybody got any recommendation where i might go to read up about it in laymen terms.
Thanks everybody

You want as much lights as the plants need/can use. You can mess with height and wattage to get the biggest bang for your buck.

I used to use 520 watts-from-the-wall of blurples. Now I use between 110-300 watts of the qb. Being able to dim is huge! So much control and so much $ saved.

There are tons of topics on here. Just search for them using the magnifying glass.

2 Likes

So sorry to insert my question onto your post but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to make a post and it’s infuriating. I was trying to find a collection of pictures of grow stages. My GSC plants are at 23 days and they seem huge even compared to yours. Such an enigma.

Back out of page till you see beginner… click +new topic button on right side of page… good luck

Ty I kept following these steps earlier and the new topic button just wasnt there. I was getting so mad. Now it is there of course and I have made my post thank heavens.

1 Like

You’re gonna dim it to not waste energy. On top of not using as much electricity, room should run a little cooler, and light will be more efficient.

@birdman, mine have really started to grow more in the past week, today they are 21 days old. this is my first time so i am sure i am doing something wrong lol

got the new light installed, that thing looks like it will get the job done, thanks for the help

1 Like

anybody know the secret to getting a pic to upload

Other people are having same problem, I’m sure they are working on it.

The only other thing I hear is not waiting long enough after upload to type causes problem too. Good luck man

Roll Tide!

Roll Tide, what part of Alabama are you in, I am between Birmingham and auburn

1 Like

Between :pig: and the northern burbs.

![image|375x500](upload://asBOR2P8FCRkK4dRJfCHpZEvtiL.![image|375x500](upload://AcOLWrXOnyPg8wCLO5fMktzAEZZ.

1 Like

Day 24, they seem to live the new light