First time for Autos

Welcome to your new happy place :blush:

2 Likes

Swap to flower solution when they begin to flower, could be 4 weeks could be a more.
If you got photo period experience then try and forget about any time frames and focus on what the plant looks like.
Would you say that it has begin to flower?
Does it look anything like a photo period would a week or two after being flipped?

If it does, then it’s time for flower solution.
If not then maybe keep feeding it a veg solution…

2 Likes

You have peachfuzz and spyonyou here, i would follow their lead.

Sounds like you have a deep water culture system, commonly called dwc. The system is going to pretty much work the same regardless of growing autos or photos. So if scrolling through thr forum pay particular attention to type of system you have and not so much autos or photos. The only real difference between them is with lighting requirements at maturity.

3 Likes

I haven’t met anyone who has a setup quite like mine. I had a buddy, on another site, who helped me with any of my needs. He left that site, so i will be asking questions. Been growing about 15 months, still a rookie.

1 Like

What it looks like or what you used to make it is almost irrelevant. If you have roots sitting in areated solution it’s considered deep water culture. The basic principles of this system are the same in every system. You may treat a small res differently than a large res, but that’s merely because of roots take up substantial amount of volume in small container.

If you move water between aerated containers that would be considered recirculating deep water culture. Other types of hydroponic systems are ebb & flow, nutrient film technique, aeroponic, and Aquaponic. Dwc is the most basic, but none of them are really rocket appliances either.

1 Like

Very good info. Hope this place works for me. It really makes it easier.

2 Likes

I just transplanted a blue dream auto into an 3 gallon pot

I added dynomyco at bottom of hole for transplant

I’m using fresh batch of FFOF soil for new transplanted pot

And water ph at 6.0

Germination on 11/2
Transplanted I’m 12/2

I have ph perfect line of nutrients
Micro grow and bloom
My question is when do I use them

This picture was taken 12/4

3 Likes

FFOF will feed the plants for approximately 4-6 weeks, check your run off numbers around week 4 if less than 1000 PPMs its time to add your veg nutrients and shoot to keep a target range of 1000 PPMs through flower with a PH of 6.5 :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I’d give em 3-4 weeks before you start adding food to the water too, as OG said. You want to get them in just a little bit ahead of when the nutrients in the soil are totally used up, and since OF is good for 4-6 weeks, I’d aim for the 4 week mark. :v:

Also as OG mentioned, get your pH to 6.5 for water-only, there’s nothing in it to course correct so your pH will slowly drop til it’s too acidic for her to absorb nutrients if you don’t endure your water is pH’d properly.

2 Likes

So I been ph my water to 6.1- 6.5

I read that the ph water sometimes climbs up due to the nuts in soil
So to start ph at 5.9 — 6.0
Becuz it’ll increase while in fabric pot wit OF

1 Like

Respectfully, I disagree wholeheartedly.

Ocean Forest is often a range from “somewhat acidic” to “holy crap my coffee is more alkaline than this.” If you aren’t feeding the right pH water, it will only get more acidic as time goes on. The peat moss in OF, among other things, lend themselves to dragging the pH down over time. Generally it takes 6-8 weeks for the OF to become so acidic your plant begins looking starved, as if you aren’t feeding her at all, even if you are.

Fox Farms has a “Sledgehammer flush” built into their nutrient schedule. If you aren’t planning to do those flushes, expect pH problems. The best way to mitigate that inevitable drop early and effectively is to feed it the right pH (6.5) from the onset.

@SynysterChris , @ReelOfishalTrees , myself, and many, many others have documented their tales of woe with Fox Farms soils because we aren’t using FF nutes, thus did not have a need to follow the flush routine.

Your line of nutes, PH Perfect, will do some to help, but eventually it won’t be enough by itself if that’s all you’re relying on to do the pH balancing for you.

Edit to add: sorry, I realize I sound harsh, that’s not my intention. I just want to let you know early before it becomes a problem that fox farms soil has a tendency to behave this way, especially Happy Frog and Ocean Forest. I don’t want to see you go down a totally avoidable road right when you’re about to hit the stride of flowering, because that’s almost always when the real problems hit (because flowering plants like a slightly higher pH than vegging plants do).

5 Likes

@Lilking2 I experienced firsthand what acid forest soil can do over time. My pH got down under 5 :grimacing:
Had to water with dolomite lime to raise it, was probably putting water in at over 7-7.5ish and for weeks runoff was at the highest 5.4

So I agree with Graysin, DEF wouldn’t do anything to encourage it to be more acidic. Once flower starts I’d check your runoff every single watering so if the pH does drop you can at least address it early on.

3 Likes

:point_up_2: always feed or water at the mediums target PH…soil 6.5. Run off readings will let you know to go up or down and almost all cannabis friendly soil is buffered to keep the PH in range. Not watering or feeding to at least 20% run off will leave salts from the nutrients collecting in the root zone driving down the PH and essentially locking out nutrient absorption :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

This is her today
Still just simple water at 6.0

3 Likes