First time fail.... kinda defeated but I'll try again :(

@PurpNGold74 Thanks! And thats what I said! Gimme the skizzerz! :scissors::leaves::rofl:

4 Likes

@PharmerBob :grin::grin:

Oh I found you already :rofl::wink:

2 Likes

Mold, I do believe? I know dread mold.
I agree, it looks like they could use some pruning.
Welcome @McMissy138 :v::green_heart:

3 Likes

@GreenJewels ohhhh maaaaannnnnnn…

I’m really worried about it and don’t know what I’m doing at all. :frowning:

2 Likes

Maybe @McMissy138 can give it a try, she seems eager :grimacing: Take any fan leaves that are blocking bud sites. Trim any small lower branches that won’t make it up to the top. You can go easy if it helps you feel better. I follow the 1/3 rule. I don’t take more than 1/3 from any plant.

3 Likes

@GreenJewels So I go to the dispensary quick to pick up some more medicine, and I come home and @McMissy138 has already took the intitiave to sterilize some small scissors to trim up the babies.

Looks like we have an afternoon project :rofl::rofl:

Also, I really hope to not worry about mold TOO much. I try to keep the house environment regulated, and feel we have significant airflow within the tent with the two inline 6" fans installed full time running intake/exhaust.

Fingers crossed!!

4 Likes

Start from lowest point and cut off anything smaller then a #2 pencil. Figure out which branches from the main stem you want to leave and cut all growth as far up that branch as your comfortable with.

Stay below the tightest nodes at the top and you’ll be just fine.

Clean branches of any pistil or tiny growth once your done and atleast once a week until harvest

You can lollipop if you don’t wanna trim a bunch of tiny buds or leave it a little fuller on the top end and have more to trim.

Personal preference is to take it high and tight, the bud formations get the most out of it then and you tend to see higher quality product

5 Likes

Operation defoliation complete! We played it safe and focused mainly on the bases…I’m pretty confident that any type of clippity clippin on big ol’ Hewie is gonna be beneficial! :scissors::leaves::sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Yeah, I was super worried about trimming them, and probably didn’t do enough. I’m sure @McMissy138 wanted to do more but I panic about the babies :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Very nice job @McMissy138
I probably would have taken a tad more too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::v::green_heart:

4 Likes

Haha yea its hard to do when ur starting. But u dod great. Nice bucketful lol. By next week u wont even notice its gon.

Nexttime (week or so) u can work a few of those huge fans on the interior. Like J said, get those bud light blockers outta the way. I like to spin my plants as i pinch. Like rotate were i pull fans up each arm and around in circles

3 Likes

She’s bummed out that she can’t reply anymore today :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Haha. Tell her give it a few hours. Sucks but stops the spammers

1 Like

I also then spread the lil suckaz over our pet cemetary. Rest easy Ghiddorah, Squirrelly :chipmunk: & Stumplestiltskin :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::hugs::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Good evening party people! Another long day of work has been completed, home and watered the babies, and now I have questions!

So, today is “day 56”. They were planted into the soil after germinating on 4/20/2021, and I can’t remember when they popped through soil, so we’ll go with day 56 for ease.

Technically it’s been now 8 weeks of tending to these lovely little ones. 8 weeks of nail biting and worry, and now I look forward to understanding harvest and what to prepare for.

That being said the FF nute schedule shows 10 weeks of feeding. Today I sledgehammered all three again, although I DID add some tiger bloom and big bloom to the water (the directions say don’t have to stop feeding lol)

So how much longer you think these babies need to keep cooking? As far as I can tell the trichomes are still white/milky and not amber, but that’s from naked eye and some camera zooming. I don’t have a microscope or fancy phone attachments to take pictures.

What do I do from here and what should I expect? The ILGM page for GDP says 8 weeks to flower, but who knows.

Love you guys!

By the way, we went ahead and got the super mix pack for next grow in 5 gals. Expect a future post for the journey to grow some Bruce Banner, Gorilla Glue, and Girl Scout Cookie Extreme! If I’m feeling REALLY ambitious ill throw another GDP in there and try four plants in the tent next go around, but don’t know if we’ll have room and definitely will need to LST and trellis!

4 Likes

Yep, who knows? :grin: we never do. 8 weeks of actual flower time is just an estimate. Your around week 3 of actual flower so you have a while yet. She still has a lot of bud fattening to do. I start paying attention to trichs when I have about 90% brown hairs.

6 Likes

@GreenJewels :astonished::astonished::astonished: OH maaaaaaannnnnnn!!! I didn’t even think about times in terms of when they went into FLOWER.

Holy poop balls… entering a whole new realm of worrying and tending to the babies and watching them grow more :rofl:

Thanks though! Makes me happier knowing they’ll get even bigger however!

(If I can’t say “holy poop balls”, please let me know or edit my post for me so I don’t get in trouble!)

3 Likes

:grin: :+1: I think your safe :poop::joy: you should have some really nice buds when it’s finally done. It’s such a wonderful thing to smoke your own.

3 Likes

@GreenJewels Believe me, I am SUPER excited to smoke my own, especially knowing it was grown organically and no chemicals or anything! I can’t believe how far the babies have come so far

3 Likes