First time fail.... kinda defeated but I'll try again :(

Cooler temps can bring out the colors in some strains.
What strains are you growing? I’m sorry I can’t remember. :v::green_heart:

3 Likes

@GreenJewels All 3 are grand daddy purple from ILGM

3 Likes

O yea. A lil temp drop brings colors. Some do it genetically. And some u have to lockout nutes near the end.

We’ll get there Panda Pop

5 Likes

This year is my first time growing. I figured I would start with seeds my mother in law gave me before I invest any money into growing. She says the seeds are called sweet bud but I don’t think that is the real name of them. Anyhoot I have 3.2 acres of land in south east Ohio with no neighbors within a mile of my land. About 2 acres is a field and 1 acres of woods. My land sits higher than the road and I built a pole barn about middle of the field. I am trying to figure out the best spot to plant my 13 seeds. I have the seeds in a glass of water in my closet right now and 24 hrs into it. So I am at the very beginning. I have read the entire grow bible but I have fears that I will fail. I have a balcony on the 2nd lvl of my barn and I not sure if I should do pots on the balcony or plant in the ground. If I plant in the ground do I plant near the wood line for cover? But then I have wildlife to contend with. Just not sure where to plant my seeds once they start growing in biodegradable pots. Any tips would greatly be appreciated. I have noticed over the years of police helicopters and plans cracking down on grow sites so that’s my dilemma on growing on my balcony. I want to learn how to grow my own to help me with my medical conditions and not be spending mass money from sellers on the streets. I qualify for medical card but don’t want the restrictions on getting one. So I have the land and space to grow outside just need to learn the best way of going about it to be successful.

3 Likes

Sounds like typical reasons for most that don’t grow outdoors. Imo you just need to decide what level of risk you want to take.

3 Likes

Oh , GDP is usually a colorful strain
Here’s a GDP that our friend @BigDaddyCain grew. He’s grown some beautiful GDP’s you can see I’m his thread.

8 Likes

You could always give a couple seeds a go in the pole barn to see if your really going to want grow.

2 Likes

No electric in the barn for lights but I could try that and place 2 pots in-front of the sliding glass door. I was thinking of trying several options to see which works best. Like a few pots in front of sliding door, a few pots on the wooden deck and a few in the field and a few by wood line. I mean my seeds were free so if they fail I am not out anything. I am going to try real hard because I really want to learn and be successful.

4 Likes

@Impatient Welcome to the forums!! You’ll find lots of helpful people around here.

Honestly I’d recommend reading through Bergmans grow guides and all that on here and always be learning!

You’ll find a set up that meets your needs. For me, it was a smaller indoor grow tent which was cheap and allowed me to take care of my plants privately and indoors, while still being away from view.

Good luck!!

4 Likes

What’s up @GreenJewels how are you and I remember that grow :joy: I got 2 amnesia haze autos going in dirt in my window waiting for them to get big and strong to put them outside

3 Likes

I know I’ve been absent for a bit but I got that state job and I work 65-80 hrs a week

3 Likes

Sweet! Be sure to tag me. I’ll see it anyway though, I always catch your posts eventually. About time for you to be posting again :blush::v::green_heart:

1 Like

I know I need to get back I got nothing growing inside yet I’m going to start that purple Ercul soon but I only got one of those and I have a AK-47 seed to so we will see I might try to squeeze in a clone in the outdoor grow this year but haven’t desided if I wanna start seed outside and take clones or seeds inside and put clones outside. :thinking: seed inside so I dont risk bringing bugs inside

2 Likes

I would be proud if I was you to. Mine are still seeds in a glass of water. I feel like a pregnant woman again waiting for my baby’s to be born. Your plants are beautiful.

4 Likes

@Impatient I’m doing my best! It’s all we can do… and learn as we go… apply our knowledge… and pass all that on to those who are worthy and willing :laughing:

4 Likes

That’s right I pass all the knowledge I know onto people here I’ve been doing this for a long time so if you ever need help tag me and I’ll see what I can do

5 Likes

Day 49 and they’re looking like they’re feeling fine. Watered them on lunch break and came home to Dewey reaching for the moon :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

You named them? One thing I learned about going up on a farm. You don’t name the animals. They will be dinner some day.

4 Likes

@Chip303 I personally didn’t name them. My woman did when we planted the three. Huey, Dewey and Louie :sweat_smile::sweat_smile: I can tell from the colored sticks in each pot at this point.

Huey has been the struggling survivor though and kicking a** now :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Told ya so :wink:

5 Likes