First time everything. Just looking for advice

I have 3 Gorilla Glue in a tent. I feel like i am behind and rushing everything. I purchased soil first, before even researching (1st mistake). Anyways, my 3 seeds were placed in water until they broke open, then i placed them in soil. I mixed vermiculite, perlite, and burpee organic seed starting mix.not sure about the burpee, but before reading these forums, i read about vermiculite and perlite; after reading, i feel like i made a mistake. Should i replant in just soil? Seeds have been in soil for 28 hrs. I have a heater keeping the tent at 73 degreese “F”; but humitity is down to 31%. Still trying to find ways to increase. Also, how often should i water and how much? Alot of forums are contridicting.
When capable of transplanting, i plan on using fox farm soil. Kind of ran out of funds so i have to wait. Any advice would be apperciated to set me in the right direction.

1 Like

You’re in solo cups, your soil mixture should be ok. You can do a number of things to keep humidity for seeds up. Cut a pop bottle in half and place bottoms on top of cups. Or use a clear storage container and put all the cups under it. Then just mist inside whatever you use for humidity dome.

They don’t need a lot of water right now. If you have a spray bottle just a mist on top and in dome will be enough. Generally speaking, moist but not wet.

3 Likes

You look like you have plenty of time to get your soil you should be fine what kind of light and space do you have ? Water with a spray bottle the first few weeks

3 Likes

Jinx haha.

3 Likes

First welcome to the forum. Lots of great help here. Second take a breath remember they are weeds. Cool weeds but still just weeds. I think to start out your soil will be fine. How much have you watered? Watering too much is trouble err on the side of too little. To get the humidity up on your plants take a Zipper style sandwich bag, get it wet inside and then put it over the top of your cups. This will keep the humidity up. Start a grow journal and tag me in it using @Dirtybuckeye but us my handle. When you start the journal follow the instructions below. Then ask lots of questions. People they will come. This is my first grow one thing I have learned is to be patient your little ladies won’t change that fast.

Experienced community members and expert staff will be better informed and more capable of providing a more informed answer.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

3 Likes

So far i watered until all soil was moist and water came out of the bottom. I planned to water (spray) twice per day. Please see pics of directions i followed and tent purchased.

• What strain, seed bank, or bag seed: Gorilla Glue from ILGM
    Method - organic soil
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths: plan is 5G fabrics. Right now in cups
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable): NA
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable: NA
  • Indoor or Outdoor: indoor
  • Light system: 300w grow light
  • Temps; regulated at 72 degrees farenheit
  • Humidity; in tent at 31%
  • Ventilation system; not sure, 4" filtUploading: Screenshot_20190221-053108_Amazon Shopping.jpg… er kit
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, - no
  • Co2; No

Before you get too far into your grow you will want to get a pH meter and a tds meter. Below is the pH meter that is usually recommended, spend a little extra here and you won’t be disappointed. Like at @Hogmaster and @dbrn32 have explained use water sparingly especially through this portion. If you watered your seeds to run off let the soil evaporate the water for several days. When the cup starts to feel lite again start with the spray bottle. For a good reference fill a cup with dry soil and feel the difference.

https://www.amazon.com/Apera-Instruments-Value-Pocket-Tester/dp/B01ENFOHN8/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2BJH8WFU8LM5L&keywords=ph+meter+apera&qid=1550747598&s=gateway&sprefix=ph+meter+apera%2Caps%2C168&sr=8-3

3 Likes

Listen to the Guru’s that have already posted. They have led me down the right road. You’ll be fine. One thing I can add is DONT OVERWATER!! I probably erred on the underwatering side of things and the girls didn’t complain a bit. You can click on my screen name and look up my grow journal if you like. Enjoy. At about 3 weeks all you get to do is look at them and think. Geez, there has GOT to be something I should be doing… Nope, water, wait days, water…:sunglasses:
Enjoy

4 Likes

Do i need to be checking PH now?

Yes, your plants will be more likely to thrive when the correct pH and PPM’s are paid attention to. They will grow even if you ignore it but not nearly as well. Spend some time searching the forum and you will find many that had poor results until they started being attentive to pH and PPM.

:v:

2 Likes

It can never hurt. I read it described like this. pH is like water in your bath tub. The water around the roots is like the water in the bath tub. Plants don’t like it too acidic or too basic, that is why a good pH meter is necessary.

1 Like

Awesome. PH levels are 6.5 in all 3 cups. I plan to start my journal on Sunday. But as an FYI, the girls are out. 2 yesterday and 1 today