First time ever making bubble hash

Maybe a silly question, but you have extracted all your trichomes… What do you do next?

Are you referring to the left over after extraction? If so not sure what you really do with it. I used just some trim and washing it through the bags twice I just tossed the remaining. I suppose if you were using buds you could maybe use the left overs for edibles. I would guess you decarb it first thou. @Countryboyjvd1971

1 Like

@Whodat66
You put it on a 25 micron screen and press the hash to remove excess moisture I’ll let it sit over night and let it dry up some
I’ve even used a chesse grater real fine one to shave it and repress into pucks using my pollen press
But you don’t need to
You can smoke it once dry
Or press it in a rosin press :+1: and make wax which is my thing lol

Actually, the keif. Do you just press it, or do you bake it?

1 Like

@Whodat66 are you wanting to make edibles with the kief ?

No, but I want to get the best bang for my buck :wink:

1 Like

I have baked it in the oven, used an iron, etc. but also just shaved it off a pressed puck. Wondering if the experts had the definitive answer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok :ok_hand: buddy then no need to bake it and decarb

I find making rosin to be the best imo
The high last longer and the effect is better again imo
I also believe you bring out all the good stuff when you extract the wax terps etc
But I do a dry kief to make my rosin and get a 70-80% return form my kief
2 grams of rosin will last me about a week @Whodat66
@Hogmaster might be able to help you with your question
@Whodat66 I smile all day everyday as well bro I’ll smoke a ounce of bud a week

1 Like

HA! I have a T-press, and have actually thrown it in a 240F oven.

I lined it with parchment paper, had the keif in the middle, and had the press spacers on both sides. I cooked it for about an hour, twisting the heck out of it every 5-10m. Ended up with a decent hash puck AND about a gram of rosin.

It was a mess to clean the spacers, but I froze everything and it scraped off easy.

1 Like

Nice
Yeah I have a rosin press works great I press dry kief with pollen press into pucks then put that into a micro bag 100 micron and press in my heat press for 1min 10seconda or so and I get the rerun I posted above
Been very happy with this
I only decarb if I’m using to to make edibles my self

2 Likes

@AnneBonny
Yup dry ice is the way to go! Thank you for the help

3 Likes

Woohoo dry ice rocks lol @cj7huntngrow enjoy the kief brother :v:CB :cowboy_hat_face:

That is awesome. I definitely am going to have to try it out.

1 Like

@Smokin_ernie here’s what I ran out a few weeks ago

Pint jar
Over two ounces of kief from popcorn bud Woohoo
Using dry ice and my 100 micron bubble bag :wink:
Definitely give it a go you’ll love it bro

2 Likes

That is sweet! What do you do with the leftover buds and such?

1 Like

Tosss it @Smokin_ernie it’s usless once you run it with dry ice
You have nothing left bud dust and twigs

That is awesome @cj7huntngrow Enjoy! Shake, shake, shake!

How many of those little pucks will that press into @Countryboyjvd1971 and I was wondering what the benefit is to pressing it vs keeping it just as it is in the jar?

2 Likes

From what I have read, it should cure the same as flowers, and stored properly it ages like wine. I would venture a guess that it is probably better for it to cure first, but for long term storage the pucks eliminate air, soooo.