First Time Ever Growing Anything

That’s insane I hope to be on that level soon you’re really killing it! Those are beauties 100% any tips or tricks that seem to work well or make the plants respond would be greatly appreciated! Beast work!

2 Likes

Well said Brother! Semper Fi :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

What do you all think. Time?

1 Like

Still see a good amount of clear and the pistols need to recede some more. Good week or so :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Thank You!

1 Like

You said she was @ 8 weeks when you posted. That’s the window for your harvest.

My goal is to take the stress out of a grow. Watch this video.

The conclusion I came to is that there is a 3 week period where your grow is @ 92-100% potency. So, if the plant is mature @ 8 weeks (like your’s), and has a 26% THC content (like your’s) and you harvest a week early, you’re getting about 24% THC. If you harvest late (say week 9) you’re still getting about 25% (with the drop off continuing as the plant matures).

1 Like

Yes last post was at 8 weeks when showed yesterday she hit 9 weeks everything seems fine to harvest just being on the cautious end

8 weeks flower or 8 weeks since sprout?

1 Like

9 weeks yesterday since sprout as these are autos from my understanding they veg a fully flower 8-10 weeks altogether I could be wrong but that’s what I understood from reading.

I don’t know how accurate that is. The thc doesn’t come in fully mature. It takes weeks for that to happen. Harvesting early stops the maturation of the trichomes. It doesn’t matter how frosted your plant is, if you harvest too early, it won’t be potent. Another issue from harvesting immature trichomes is an amplification of what are often considered negative effects of Marijuana, paranoia, anxiety, restlessness, etc. Not to be confused with the energizing feelings from smoking sativa’s.

2 Likes

That is not correct. The flowering time is 8 weeks. That starts after flowering begins. Usually looks something like this with auto’s
1 weeks seedling phase
2-4 weeks vegging phase
7-10 days preflower
8-10 weeks flowering
Harvest when….

ILGM lists seeds by flowering time, Seedsman for example lists there’s from germination.
Also, those times are just a guideline. In order to match the breeders time you would need to duplicate their process. Same environment, same nutes, same timing and training, same lights, you catch my drift.

2 Likes

It’s weeks of flower. When did you notice the preflowers?

1 Like

I’ve gotten myself into a pickle now I’m confused lol Sheesh I’ve misunderstood. These are what they look like now as I’ve been only feeding water did I ruin the plant probably after the first month if I remember correctly June 25th is damn near close from pictures I have in my phone with date stamp

1 Like

@Covertgrower @PurpNGold74 are two of the finest on the boards here. They have the experience you will need to recover. Don’t worry your babies will be ok. I’ve just tagged them here. May take a lil while but they will get you squared away. Ooo @MidwestGuy is ultra helpful too.

2 Likes

you all are life savers and I truly appreciate you all! so to my understanding I’m 4 weeks in to flowering just about. So I have near another 4 weeks to go if I’m understanding you correctly that would be 8 full weeks of flowering.

3 Likes

In the meantime let’s get a support ticket filled out, it will help them to help you.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant/what week of flower
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, fabric pots
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system LED, MH/HPS/CMH/Fluorescents, or other
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

You got it. REMEMBER, it’s a guideline. Plants do as they do. Use the trichomes to determine when the plant is done.

1 Like

Strain: Gorilla Glue Auto
Seed Bank: ILGM
Full Plant Life 9 weeks 4 week into flower
Fox Farm Soil 75% Ocean Floor 25% Light Warrior
1 Smart Pot Other 1 Fabric Pot
PH 6.3 run off and ppm run off was 2216 for week 8
PH of water or Nutes going in always 6.5 to 6.7
Use a TDS or PH pen to measure
Indoor Grow (Spider Farmer Grow Tent 24" x 47" x 71")
Light System SF - 2000 LED Spider Farmer Light
Actual Wattage Draw is 201
Current Light Schedule is 24/7
Temps Day Range from 27c to 28c, Night 25c to 27c
Humidity; Day and Night range from 45 to 50
Ventilation system; Yes, 4 inch
No AC, Yes Humidifier, No De-humidifier,
Co2; No

So these are my parameters for the most part

1 Like

My bust. I wasn’t paying attention to the pictures past they looked healthy. You weren’t asking about harvest and today I assumed you meant 8th week of flower. Looking back at them, I’d say you have somewhere between 3-5 weeks until the plant is ready. Check your trichomes regularly and watch how they change. The max THC will come when the trichs on the bud (not the sugar leaves) start turning amber.

2 Likes

For a better reference:

Started flowering roughly 32 days ago….so this is a halfway point and yours is further than this…just watch your tricomes

Looking at yours compared to this it’s easy to see you have maybe 2 weeks…maaaaybe 3…just watch your trichs

2 Likes