First time DWC grower, slow growth

It had been but only for two days, it was more for personal interest to see if the plant would do better. I just came up from the grow and moved the water line back to 1’’ below the bottom of the pot… Set the pH manually. Best guess is it was in the 5.2-5.5 range, I push it as close to 6 as I could get it with my current testing equipment.

Yea my 100 GPH pump may not be enough for what I am trying to do @TDubWilly going to move to a larger surface area air stone if I still don’t it the o2 saturation I am looking for I will be upping the pump size.

I did a cut a small sample root from the longest end. Not slimy, no smell so I don’t think it root rot. The plant other than being a little small looks good as well.

Edit: Welp I lied, just bought the 950 GPH air pump, plan to expand and do away with soil in the future so I suspect this pump will let me run two buckets in the futures.

2 Likes

You just stepped up your game :wink:

Ya and don’t ever let the water touch the net pot, I promise that’s stunt growth and combined with a pH of 5.2 I guarantee those were your problems

2 Likes

So the ph did change on it. I’d be interested in knowing what caused the change. The video nearly had me sold on the product line. Seemed like a bunch of jugs of additives to use though. It does look promising.

2 Likes

950 gph will vegg 6 buckets comfortably… once you go into flower I like to run 1160 gph pumps for 6 plants… and I use medium air stones… 2"x2" I believe… work like a charm…
Air in your resovior is your problem to a slow growing plant… and root rot… :v::wink:

:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Im not stealing anyones thread or anything but i switched to a 4" airdisk (also have a large round stone too )today and then found out that my pump was adjustable so i cranked her wide open and you would have thought i was getting ready to boil lobster the way that water was rolling :joy:

3 Likes

Is your netpot fully submerged in water? It shouldn’t be, from the water line in the bucket it appears to be underwater. It should be an inch below the pot.

1 Like

@Liljoe @TDubWilly

Wanted to give you guys a little update. About 12 hours from making the changes you both suggested. Ph’d the water myself and lowered my water line to 1’’ below my net pot.

Has made a huge change! I won’t have the larger pump and airstone until tomorrow but the difference in the plant is pretty stunning in such a short amount of time.

Big Thanks for the advice and help!

Sorry about the burples pictures had to snap and run this morning. :joy:!

3 Likes

With the minimal amount of bubbles in your bucket It will even get better when that arrives :wink:

3 Likes

That is AWSOME news. Glad we were able to help.
Stay Green

3 Likes

New Pump and stone arrived today, I set the air as close to a rolling boil as I could. I’ve read to much turbulence in the water can cause root damage.

@TDubWilly Does this look like an appropriate amount of air given the bucket size?

Thanks!

1 Like

So there’s no picture there that I can see buddy I’m sorry

Don’t worry about what you read is 4 is a rolling boil causing group damage, let it roll like crazy

1 Like

I see it now I’ve never seen a link like that so it threw me for a loop. You’re definitely better off than what you work but like I said I would turn that airpumps all the way up