First time autoseeds

@HMGRWN @BudzMS @dbrn32 @BobbyDigital

Looks like I may have to transplant due to space will never use solos again

1 Like

This isn’t an issue with solo cups, literally hundreds of us use them without issue. Probably had more to do with using transparent cups in the beginning if anything, or maybe lack of oxygen to the root zone. Here is a link to some of the solo cup activities around here.

Only difference is that you’re new and most of the members from link aren’t. You just need more reading, learning, etc. We have all been there at one time or another.

Transplanting isn’t going to hurt you if done properly, so go ahead. But you’re going to want to get to the bottom of why your plants are so small at this age and correct whatever issues or you’ll run into same thing once in larger pot. I would start with environmentals, then look at plant care. What is good? Build on that and start fixing the things that aren’t. I would say simply from looks your light is probably too close or under powered.

1 Like

Two issues forsure the transparent cups and no drainage they shot up good after the adjustments had been made the smallest one almost looked like it was done for and it came back . Also keep in mind I’m doing this crop from another state over my phone cause the laws where I’m at are so stupid like you can use but can’t grow ? It’s silly hopefully in the year I should be back in a friendly marijuana state I’ll keep you all posted after the transplanting is done and she grows summore

I live in a state like this. The proper terminology is “you can have as long as you buy from us”. Of the remaining states this is going to be the norm for recreational use. I wouldn’t be surprised if eventually some currently legal to grow in take this model too. We can thank all of the people who feel bad cannabis legislation is still a step in the right direction lol.

I use clear plastic solo cups, placed inside red solo cups, seperated with bottle cap so drainage and air exchange can happen. Transplant when roots look good.

Im growing 2 autos in 5gallon

Welcome.
Seperately or together?

I have the together in 1 pot

The runt lives !!! @HMGRWN @fast-grow @dbrn32 @VirginiaGrowBoy @fast-grow @SilvaBack203 @Beginner3400 @BudzMS @BobbyDigital sorry didn’t attach above photo assume I’m zooted

7 Likes

For future grows, give each plant it’s own planter. :wink:
No 2 plants grow the same or have the exact same reaction to feeding/watering.

1 Like

Hey @HMGRWN I got a prob man they don’t have black magic in stock ocean farms happy frog and ocean mix should I just roll with that ?

2 Likes

Those are usually decent soil mixes and should do fine. @Graysin mentioned that they can be inconsistent with their blend and sometimes is too hot but I have not had a big problem yet.
Right now I am using Happy Frog and Ocean Forest in layers and have just started using Fox Farms dry amendments.

3 Likes

Babies r looking good sorry 4 the absent lol

2 Likes

@HMGRWN @SilvaBack203 @dbrn32 @BobbyDigital @BudzMS @Beginner3400 @DEEPDIVERDAVE @Myfriendis410 @Graysin the rears are black magic front is ocean bottom top happy frog the front one was the smallest with the chop stick prop she’s going to be good in a few days

5 Likes

@HMGRWN @BudzMS @BobbyDigital @dbrn32 @fast-grow @Graysin @VirginiaGrowBoy @DEEPDIVERDAVE @SilvaBack203 when to top? Anyone have a good write up to read for autos ?

3 Likes

I’ve tried topping Autos a few times and personally I’m not a big fan of it. I would much rather Fim them and I wait until they’re pretty good size before I try it, usually pretty close to flowering. The reason is I want them to grow as large as they will before I induce any physical stress, I do not consider tying branches down as physical stress but when you start cutting leaves off and removing the tops then I would consider that physical. The last couple Autos I grew I just let them go naturally and they actually produce pretty good without any effort or training.

1 Like

I’ve topped all but one of my autos without any adverse effect. I would not top those because they look like they’re still adjusting to the soil.

2 Likes

Wrong person to ask. I don’t intentionally top my plants, although I inadvertently broken a few.

2 Likes

I fim also, but I do it early. Like ungodly early. When they have 3 nodes or so.

1 Like