First time autoflower grow...40 day White Widows...Is it safe to say these are as tall as they will get?

It’s a little expensive but worth it…I bought mine off of Amazon.com…4 oz bottle is $23…

1 Like

Outdoors? Its not super necessary to pull fans. Especially not to help light intensity to lowers. That light traveld millions of miles through space. You think a couple fans are going to slow it down?

But pulling them for airflow i could get behind. Its hella humid here and a few here and there would be mandatory

3 Likes

Day 54

3 Likes

Looking very nice! Keep posted. :+1:t3:

1 Like

Day 60…

2 Likes

can you post a pic of a diagram how this works? how to make it? maybe a video or something how to do it? thanks

2 Likes

@BigC
you are lucky your auto flowers are so big! mine are not even a foot tall and already flowering. seems that means my yield will be minimum

2 Likes

Yes…I will post some pics…or you can just check out 5 gal wicking buckets @ gardening with Leon…I chose FoxFarm Ocean Forrest…as my grow medium…This soil is the best for allowing the wicking action…so the plant can get the water it needs when needed…I never over or under water…Unless I fail to refill…

These are my next set coming up next…They are 4 weeks today…Same setup…1 is kinda small…but the others are around 24 inches tall…

2 Likes

Correction…These are 22 days old…not 30 days…

i found videos on youtube, thanks! i think i will try this out next time i start a grow

1 Like

I will never do any different…BUT…I’m about to try the Kratky method…5 gal bucket…Nutes & water…No soil…just Rockwool & Clay hydro pellets…I thought about putting a fish aquarium aerator in 1 of the 2 & see the comparison…

Are they any video of this method bigc.

Yes…Look up…(Cannabis Kratky Hydroponic Time lapse Grow from Seed to Harvest) on YouTube…

Day 65…brought these 2 up to the small greenhouse…to baby them til there done…I’m guessing about 20 or 25 more days…The trichomes are about 50-50 milky to clear…The Hardest part is about to begin…The Hated…Wait to cure…Its like watching paint dry…

6 Likes

Hey there @BigC. Those buds are looking massive! Nice work thus far.

I’m a bit confused. It looks as if the plants have lots of white pistils. However, you state that your trichomes are already getting cloudy. I thought once the trichomes begin to get cloudy, harvest is very close (depending on the effects one desires)? I was thinking almost day to day type thing once trichomes get cloudy?

I am 6 weeks into flowering with hairs about 50/50 brown-white. Trichomes are clear as glass! I was thinking I have about 2 weeks. I know each strain is different. I stopped giving nutes because I thought I was getting close. Do you think I should go back to nutes for another week or so before I begin water only?

Nice update!

1 Like

@PP3121 Are you growing AUTOFLOWERS ?

Hello @BigC Yes, Blueberry, Amnesia, and Northern Autos from ILGM. The Blueberry and Amnesia are into their 6th week of flowering. The Northern had many issues and started flowering almost two weeks later. I am still giving nutes to the Northern. I think I may have stopped too soon on the BB and AMN. I have no growing experience so I do not know why I thought they had about 2-3 weeks left? I gathered this from all the reading I have done over the various threads and posts. However, it looks as if the BB has stalled; doesn’t seem to have progressed in fattening-up nor pistils turning brown. About one week with no change. The AMN is showing signs of development.

Again, they are both about 50/50 white/brown hairs. Do you think I should go back to nutes or just ride it out? They both look healthy still. :crossed_fingers:t3:

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Blueberry:

Amnesia:

Thanks again.

3 Likes

It could take you up to 110 days to finish out…The Autoflower has a mind of its own & It seems to me…each plant if different even within the same strain…I have 3 that are Foxtailing due to genetics…& 7 others from the same strain that are not…What kinda lighting are you using??..I’m growing outdoors right now…but I do have a Indoor setup with LEDs…From what you described…6wks into flower…Would put you at…What?? 10wks total?? You probably do have about 2-3 wks to go…

2 Likes

Yes, 10 weeks on the 24th since breaking soil. :smirk: :call_me_hand:t3:

Indoors, lighting is terrible. Bought it before I did the research and the reading here. Next grow will be very different with all I’m learning.

Gonna ride it out and see what happens.

Thanks.

2 Likes