First time autoflower grow...40 day White Widows...Is it safe to say these are as tall as they will get?

3 Likes

They’ve most likely stretched as much as they are going to at this point. It’s possible you may see a couple more inches. Usually once they have formed buds at the point they are now you won’t see much more growth.

5 Likes

Should just thicken up now.

2 Likes

Like @Bulldognuts the buds should develop and stack on a few more inches. But you should be pass the ‘stretch’ now

2 Likes

On my non topped plants inside they are at 30 inches, day 36. From what I understand unless you top your plants early on they will stretch quite tall. Your plants seem to be outside I don’t think I’d worry to much.

1 Like

Day 47…

2 Likes

These are a set of 14 day old White Widow Autoflower…I have coming behind my others…Same seeds same batch…from ILGM…100% Germ so far…but I do have 1 that is lagging behind…

3 Likes

Day 50

3 Likes

3 Likes

Hello @BigC Nice looking plants! I noticed you have PVC tubing in your pots. I have seen this in some other posts but have never inquired. Is that how you water your plants? If so, is it just a straight tube or does it connect to other pipes below the soil for even distribution of water and nutes?

Happy growing!

1 Like

Hello @PP3121…Thanks…Yes…The pvc pipe is for watering…Each bucket has 5 inches of water in the bottom…which adds up to be 1.5 gallons…I put plastic water bottles in the bottom of each bucket to allow the bucket to wick up the water…As long as the bucket has water the plant can get the water when it needs it…Takes care of over & under watering…& allows the soil to stay dryer on top so as not to attract too many bugs to the soil…plus keeps down mold…

2 Likes

The urge to clip a few fan leaves is driving me NUTS…

2 Likes

Would it hurt to clip a few fan leaves off to allow some air flow?? I’ve sprayed them with Green Cleaner so mildew can’t get started…

1 Like

I always defoliate at least some, but unless I’m pruning damage or pruning in conjunction with training I wait until I can see what’s being shaded or crowded.

1 Like

Sorry. I was looking at that last picture in bright sunlight and could barely see it. I forgot you were in flower. You can definitely do some defoliation at this point. I’d get rid of lower big fan leaves that are shading buds for sure, but I also just got rid of everything on my girl that didn’t have trichs, on day 33 of flower… I’ve also done 4 separate LST sessions on my next biggest one, and today I pruned a couple fan leaves and ALL the growth that ended up on the underside of the stem after LST. I might be a bit of a sadist… :smirk::laughing:

I’ve never ran any Autoflowers until now…From what I have gathered…most people say to leave them alone…Then some say different…I think i will snip a few in the morning…& see the outcome…Thanks…

Hello @BigC Do you spray the Green Cleaner even though your flowering? I didn’t know you could apply anything during flowering. I am afraid of bud rot since my humidity levels are so high at the moment. I woke to find the RH at almost 70% this morning! Running a dehumidifier now which is keeping the RH at about 60%. Probably the best I will manage to do!

I am at 4 weeks of flowering yesterday. Would hate to lose my crop after so much time and money invested not to mention the wrath of the wife if there is no yield!

Over the grow, I have taken some leaves off here and there and the plants seem to be fine. Not too much at one time as I have also read to leave autos just do their thing.

Thanks.

Yes…Green Cleaner can be used during flowering…No more than 1 oz per gallon of water…

1 Like

Spray them in the evening before sundown…

Thanks. I’m going to get some ASAP! :+1:t3: