First time all around. Sour D autos

@Myfriendis410 oh boy this doesn’t sound fun for a newbie. Could you explain what I may need to do, or point me in the right direction?

First before you do that give it 2 days to shed it naturally (at least partially ) you’ll want to keep it moist so spray it directly a couple of times ,then dome it , keep the inside dome moist. If you don’t see improvement in 2 days then gently with tweezers and a dull knife or spoon very slowly split it open

4 Likes

@GreenSnek okay did what you suggested, ill give it two days, hopefully it will naturally if not, ill do as you suggested. I work with my hands in the medical field so this may be ok if I have to split it open.

1 Like

@GreenSnek well I did surgery, thank goodness for my medical hands. I started to get worried because there was a casing still on it and looked rather hard and im still struggling with my humidity at the moment and need to return to work tomorrow and I work 13-16 hour days so won’t be here to keep an eye on it. Got the casing off without damaging the cotyledons, which im pretty shocked and proud of. I guess my question is should I still dome it? I have a humidifier coming today that will hopefully help my tent RH up to at least 60%. Its at 44% right now. Here how it looks after surgery, all I did was remove the hard casing around the cotyledons.

2 Likes

Also, the other Sour D and The Critical Purple didn’t take. Not sure if I can revive them, but I have put them back in a warm, wet papertowel in a dark place. :man_shrugging:t3:. I definitely didn’t bury them far enough down, learned a lesson already! If these two don’t come back, ill germinate another Critical Purple and wait on the Sour D.

2 Likes

I would think they would be ok. With that tail. It should have been close to sprouting I would think.

1 Like

Ya, I think they will be ok too. They are already starting to push the taproot out more. I will replant tomorrow probably…this time a little deeper haha.

1 Like

Looks fine great job I personally don’t use domes if I can spray 2 times twice a day

3 Likes

My domes are off with in 24 - 48 hours of sprouting. They look so so for a day. But pick up quick.

1 Like

@Not2SureYet I went ahead and took them off as I got my humidity up to 51% right now, ideally I’d like at least 60% so im hoping with the humidifier only being in there for an hour it will rise a little more the longer its in there. Hopefully by morning the cotyledons will be spreading open! :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Whew…I wanted to congratulate but not ruin it…thank you!
NICE!

1 Like

If you see any struggling. You can always dome them for a day. I went into that circle and it bit me by not keeping track of how old it was.

1 Like

Seems to already be spreading open, however the humidifier I got keeps shutting off so its not working properly so I need to send that back, so humidity will be back to 42% for a minute. It was helping though. So ill keep an eye on it incase I need to dome it.

2 Likes

Another AZ grow. For sure going to follow!!! Took me awhile, but finally have a grow environment that’s good enough out here to grow. Good luck bud!

1 Like

Thanks for following along! Following yours now. Maybe we can help each other out since we have the same Arizona weather issues! Glad you have pretty much battled yours.

1 Like

About an inch down seems to work great, though I have seen less helmets it seems the further you go down.

2 Likes

Well the Sour D thats been named MJ by my wife, has slowly started to do its thing, it may be a little slower as I had to do surgery on the poor girl to get the “helmet” off and may have shocked it a little. The other Sour D and Critical Purple went back into the solo cups again and hopefully the will pop up in a few days, I did plant further down this time.

3 Likes

It can sometimes take many days to knock the shell off. Unless it’s past a week I generally think of it as she’s not ready.

1 Like

If you need the humidity up a little. Hanging a damp towel can help a little too. :grin: Good to hear it is acting a little better :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Also heard hanging towel and letting the bottom touch a bucket of water will wick the towel and help also.

2 Likes