First time all around. Sour D autos

@Not2SureYet absolutely makes me feel at ease. Thanks man I really appreciate it! Don’t want to spend money where it’s not needed. Definitely going to read your journal when I get off work!

1 Like

Oh Hey There Bud,

I too plan sour d auto soon. :smile:

I’m pretty new to growing marijuana but here are some things you can try to combat the heat.

• Temporarily remove your filter from your top exhaust — this should help air flow. It will also prolong your filter as it won’t be used. Hook it back up when the smell develops. Store it in a cool place to prolong its life.
  • Entertain the idea of moving your exhaust fan and air ducting to be a straight shot. Right now you have it curving up and out. Anytime you curve your duct it will decrease the air flow. If you can make it a straight shot you should get more exhaust.
  • Potentially move your fan to the outside and have it push air in through a lower intake hole. Fresh cool air in, heat exhaust out.

Lastly I don’t know if I can link but I purchased a VIVOSUN 4 inch Inline Duct Fan 100 CFM from amazon. It’s a cheap solution for bringing fresh air into your tent.

Will check back later. Good luck. And I hope anyone corrects me where I am amiss.

4 Likes

Hey @OhHeyThere, thanks for coming in with some advice, I did everything you suggested, minus removing the filter, although I have no issues doing that as well, but it brought it down to 78F which is about what I was looking for so pleased with that and appreciate the advice!

I purchased this one and that’s what’s in the tent now.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SHB2WF9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_j1LIFbT3VZJ06

And I have just this coming Tuesday.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZPC5GTX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_L2LIFbY8735R5

Now its getting my humidity up, cant seem to get it up past 41%, I think the humidifier i got is too small and not really helping, probably need to go with a decent size one to have it have any affect. If you have any idea for this shoot them my way, definitely appreciate it!

1 Like

Nice! Glad you got your temps to go down some.

As far as humidity, I haven’t tested my tent yet, that’s the plan tomorrow.

My environment will differ from yours, so any advice I give would be completely shooting from the hip. With that said, my game plan is to put a outlet timer on my inline fan and potentially on my humidifier. Such that it will pull in fresh air into the tent every 15 minutes and turn off for 15. While inside the tent I’ll have a humidifier. It’ll be a balance to find the good temps while keeping the target humidity.

That 6 inch fan you have on the way will bring a ton of fresh air in and should certainly cool things down. I’m not sure how big your humidifier is, so hard to know if buying a bigger one would help.

I’m still waiting for some packages to arrive to truly test my setup. If I find the silver bullet combination I’ll certainly pass on the knowledge.

1 Like

Timer doesn’t sound like a bad idea. I have my lights on an outlet timer. That’s always a possibility for the inline fan. I have this one just got it, rather small and the steam doesn’t seem to be warm. Im most likely sending this one back and getting a bigger one that maybe is specifically warm mist.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WPSL955/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_VXMIFbYR59V6Z

If you plan to do a journal once your set up and going, tag me so I can tag along with you! Appreciate all your help!

I personally use this one I just set it to high for 8 hours and walk away

1 Like

@GreenSnek Sweet. I’ll take a peek at that one. Thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like

So one of the seedling popped up well sorta, it still has the helmet on and looks pretty right on there. Should I be concerned? Any ideas, should I let it do its thing? The other Sour D hasn’t shown itself yet, and the Critical Purple i just out in yesterday. @GreenSnek @OhHeyThere @Capt.Cola tagged yall because you have helped at some point.

3 Likes

Spray it a few times , keep it moist ,dome it, and let it do its thang

2 Likes

@GreenSnek thanks! Should I spray it directly or just spray the dome?

Spray it directly to get it started then you can just keep the general humidity up

1 Like

Sweet thank you. Just did it.

3 Likes

Sound advice. Less is more at this point, humidity with the dome and spray is best thing you can do.

Only other thing I would lookup is the height of your light. I’m not sure if marijuana is “leggy” by default but I’ve seen a ton of grows with what looks like very “leggy” seedlings. In vegetable plants it’s something you want to avoid. Seedlings will go nuts to get light, if the light is too far away they will go straight up until it gets enough. This can cause the “leggy” affect and could ultimately make it collapse under its own weight and die. Long story short make sure your light is appropriate height from the seedlings when it comes out.

2 Likes

@OhHeyThere with the light i have
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V9V6M92/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_A8VIFbTAVXQPG
It says from 60cm to 80cm which is roughly 23in to 31in, I had them about 36in they are now sitting at 26in. So hopefully that is a good place for now. I’ll adjust as they become seedlings. I’ve also seen a lot of leggy ones id prefer not leggy ones haha. Thanks again man!

1 Like

Ya nothing wrong with going with the manufacturer recommendations. Hopefully you’ll see some green leaves soon. :slight_smile:

On the note of humidifiers, I personally wouldn’t recommend a heat based if you already have temperature issues. I don’t know how much it might add, but a ultrasonic I think wouldn’t add any heat to your tent.

1 Like

Its standing up much taller now so I think the misting and dome helping. Hopefully that helmet comes off.

Ya I am sure it would add a little heat, but im thinking with that AC Infinity 6" i shouldn’t have temp issues anymore. As of right now with just your suggestion its been sitting at 78, 74/75 at night. So definitely my main issue to resolve is the humidity its been sitting at 41/42% day and night. I did order a different humidifier and it should be here today.

Welcome to the forum @OhHeyThere :slightly_smiling_face: I agree. I remove my filter till it is needed. High humidity is not to good for them. Decreases their life. I run a small humidifier controlled by an ink bird. That way I can keep things at about 60@ when my humidity is crazy low. I am trimming another plant tomorrow but will try to check back in. It looks like you have things under control :+1:

1 Like

Well, if I have 2 people @OhHeyThere and @Not2SureYet saying this is what they do, I went ahead and removed the filter and put it away in a dark closed area. Still struggling with the humidity. Even with the bigger one I ordered. I may need to go for one that I can control the humidity.

Well, this is what the one looks like that popped out of the soil with “helmet head”. Stem looks super strong, is it going to survive though? Tried to get best picture i could so took a couple different ones in different lighting. @GreenSnek @Myfriendis410 @Not2SureYet

1 Like

You may have to help the seedling shed the husk.