First time all around. Sour D autos

Thanks @Slym3r I appreciate it!

The SD is really the only one I use when I do test a little. It has a good balance for me. A couple grams could last me a year or longer for as often as I have any thing. Hopefully these will crack for you. I have seeds take over a week to pop. It is rare. But happens.

I wish it was me @Not2SureYet but thatā€™s one of the strains I donā€™t have :joy:
Iā€™ve done Blue dream auto, purple hulk auto, gdp auto. Just harvested gsc, white widow max, and Caramelisious (runt turned into very tasty plant). Currently caring for a family of Ww autos, critical, gsc, gdp and gg#4.
Canā€™t expect anyone to remember all that. Even I canā€™t sometime - thank god for plant tags :joy::sunflower::blush:

2 Likes

Hmmmm me thinks I should add to my collectionā€¦ :smiling_imp:

1 Like

I love a lot of old school strains, GSC is my next and is my wifeā€™s favorite so I think that will be the next order. I contacted ILGM about the seeds just to get the conversation started incase these donā€™t crack. I however had a few bag seeds from the dispensary sprout so I guess while Iā€™m waiting on these autos I might give this unknown seed a try, just planted it in some FFHF now its just a waiting game.

2 Likes

@anon49170411 I would love to see how the GSC turns out, thatā€™s my 2nd favorite strain and my wifeā€™s favorite, so plan to order those next. SD is definitely worth gettingā€¦or at least Iā€™m hoping. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Rest of the soil arrived today and the light is also out for delivery, day early, but unfortunately none of the auto seeds have started a taproot yet. ILGM did good and has already got my replacements going. Their customer service was outstanding! I also ordered Critical Purple autos from GC today. Ill post picture once Iā€™ve got the light installed.

1 Like

@Not2SureYet @Myfriendis410 @anon49170411 Light came in, set it up everything is good so far. Its pretty damn bright id say. Does get off a little heat, so ill have to get the air flow right so it doesnā€™t get too hot in the tent. Right now its sitting at 82-83F and humidity at 37%, when you plant a seed with a taproot, what should the temps be at? The house itself stays between 75-74F.

4 Likes

I like 78F as nominal. 24 hour light. Put a dome over seedling and mist the dome for itā€™s water. Also; put an opaque Solo cup around the clear: roots do not like light.

3 Likes

Thanks @Myfriendis410 yes I plan to put the clear in a blue cup, so it not exposed to light. Tent got up to 89 last night, so the plan is two more fans and vent system. I was hoping the light wouldnā€™t give off a ton a heat but definitely gives off a good amount.

2 Likes

You can use a single 23w daylight cfl for the solo cup. No need for the monster light yet :grin: Basically a light you would find in your house. No incandescent though

2 Likes

Thanks! I also put a dark cup around the clear and put the cups on a bucket to get it off the ground. I think its currently trying to pop out, this is a bag seed since the autos didnt crack(they are being replaced). So curious to see what happens with this unknown, part of me wishes I would have labeled the seeds when I found them in the dispensary flower.

1 Like

Well I received they replacement seeds quickly, had one in water it cracked so I placed it in a wet papertowel in a ziplock, so hopefully that taproot will sprout decent. Put another one in water today. The ventilation system will be here Tuesday. Pretty sure the bag seeds did not like how hot it got in there. Im happy the replacement seeds have cracked so far. The GC Critical Purple should be here Thursday. Soil is ready for some seeds!

1 Like

Alright! The 2 replacement seeds i dropped in water and moved to a wet towel have sprouted a tap root, so they both have been put in FFHF and in the tent. The ventilation system should be here in a few hours, and the GC Critial Purple seeds will be here today as well which ill drop one in water, so I have Sour D and Critical Purple going about the same time. So here it starts to the official grow! Hopefully all goes well.

2 Likes

Ventilation system came today VIVOSUN 4" 190 CFM inline fan with speed controller, 4" carbon filter. Set it up, glad it was rather simple as there were no instructions haha. Im set for now, now its just a waiting game, hope to see them pop up in a days!!

3 Likes

Unfortunately canā€™t seem to get the tent temp below 85F during the day, at night its 75F, so im ordering a AC Infinity RAXIAL S6, Inline Booster Duct Fan 6ā€ with Speed Controller for intake. Also cant get the humidity past 40% so also ordered a little humidifier to help with that. Have yet to see seedlings pop up yet.:crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Humidifier will be here today. The AC intake will be here Tuesday. The Critical Purple cracked and popped out a taproot, so that went in a solo cup then in to the tent with the 2 sour ds. I could see the top of one of the sour ds seed head hopefully that pops off before it comes all the wY through the soil.

1 Like

84 has been my normal temp for a long time. I do better there than when it is in the 70s my self. I have been running 95 in there for a few weeks now. I donā€™t like that. But am not running an A/C unit just to have the air sucked out the window

1 Like

If 84 is ok, I may just send the AC intake back. I didnā€™t expect the tent to stay that warm, since the house is 75/74 but Arizonas weather has still been pretty hot with the days in the 100s still and I have the tent somewhat close to a window. I also realize people grow outside in Arizona during the summer which is typically 110-117, so really 84 isnā€™t all that bad.

2 Likes

These are my temps lately. I had been over 100 a little bit ago. My grows are in 80s and 90 every year. I get a break in winter :grin: Hope this makes you feel a little more at ease

My grow

2 Likes