First time all around. Sour D autos

Hey all, im new to growing. This will be my very first grow. I just got my ILGM Sour D auto seeds in today. Currently have one in a glass of water, so here it starts. Ill be growing in a 36"x20"x62 tent inside. Ill be using Autoflower Living Soil Concentrate with FFOF and FFHF in a 5g fabric pot. Lighting will be 1800 Watt X6 Cob, true watt is reported at 300. I’ve done a ton of reading on here, and obviously people grow differently, I know with auto light isn’t as important so ill probably do the 12/12 but also thought about the 18/6. Im just excited for the first grow, I know there will be mistakes be definitely excited to learn and hopefully at some point try feminized seeds. Plan to keep this updated along the journey, hope some come along for the ride! Have enjoyed reading many journals on here. :call_me_hand:

7 Likes

Also, could anyone tell me if RO water is a good option to water with? I have access to RO water so wondering if that’s a good option.

RO water is good , if you add all you need back into it, most tap water already has a sufficient amount of some key nutrients, research it well to know what you will need! I don`t grow autos, but I think most that do stay on the 18/6 for the extra daylight for better growth, some even run 24/0!

1 Like

@Holmes thanks for the reply. I’ll maybe just stick with tap water for now. But will research on it. I’ve read a lot of people doing the 18/6 and 12/12 but haven’t really read the 24/0 i dont think I’ll pick that but definitely will look for info to see how their plants as I’m a curious person.

2 Likes

The more light you can give it the better for Photosynthesis, but I have always felt like they need some rest! With an auto the 18/6 is probably what you want!

2 Likes

I did 24/0 most of my first grow but had deficiencies (not light related) cutting it down to 18/6 did slow down the deficiencies thanks to @Nicky

2 Likes

@Holmes @CannaNewbie well I think I’ll go with the 18/6 schedule then, works with my schedule anyhow I work 12-16 hour days. Thanks for putting your guys input in much appreciated!

2 Likes

My personal experience with autos is that 20-24 hours of light a day makes the grow nuts with a little lst

@Noobgrower95 have any issues? I know its kinda suppose to mimic the sun, which isn’t 20-24.

1 Like

So cannabis is one of the few plants that do not need darkness’s for photophothesis to take place(whAt makes the plant grow) cannabis loves the sun and between my auto and photo plants I always go 24hours first 2-4 weeks I’ll keep autos in a 20-24hiur tank depending on hour they are growing after two weeks of 24 illl swap photos to 18-6 and once I wa t to flower I’ll run 11/13 I usually just grow 1-2 autos at a time in my veg tent becasue the light is always 20-24 hours and I usually get 3zips off my autos

1 Like

Well looks like I have a few experiments to do with my setup and lighting hours!

The tent got here today. Rest of the stuff will be here Wednesday, at least the stuff to get started. Still waiting to see a taproot on two seeds.

3 Likes

Well, 1 seed has soaked for 72 hours, another for 48 hours and neither have started a taproot…I dropped another today in a different cup. Should I transfer the 72 and 48 hour ones to paper towel and zip lock bag? These are ILGM seeds, I successfully got taproot from my bag seed, so not sure whats going on, besides maybe a bad batch. Wednesday ill have what I need to get started so im really hoping one of these pop a taproot. Wednesday ill get the light and the rest of the soil mix.

2 Likes

Welcome! I am by no means an expert auto grower like @Nicky @Not2SureYet and a lot of other people here. I’ll tag some people who can help you out. @dbrn32 @Myfriendis410 @Covertgrower @Hellraiser @Bulldognuts @imSICKkid @repins12

I always have started my seedlings with 24 hrs of light for the first couple of weeks then either a 20-4 or 18-6 light schedule. Not familiar with your light but I have mine turned all the way down when starting a grow.

The seeds can stay in water up to 4 days according to ILGM. So either leave them or move them to a wet paper towel. Using a wet paper towel after a soak has worked well for me. Let these other folks chime in. And use the @ to tag someone.

4 Likes

Thanks @Capt.Cola for joining in. I’ve decided this grow ill start the seedlings on 24 hours for couple week then ill switch to 18/6. Thank you for tagging some folks that may help with questions now and in the future.

I went ahead and put the two in a damp paper towel and zip lock bag and a dark cool area. See if this helps! :crossed_fingers:

I dont think I can link the light in here but I got it off of Amazon.

2 Likes

Amazon links are okay. One of the mods will have to edit it but no biggie.

2 Likes

Here is the Amazon link to the light ill be using this round.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V9V6M92/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fab_gTYEFbC8JSF9F

Still no luck with the seeds, ill check on them when I get home from work today.

I will follow along too. I want to say that it was @anon49170411 that I saw growing this SD too. :thinking:
And autos are pretty easy with light schedules :grin: I use a 18/6 starting. Mine grow most during the dark periods. After the 2 weeks. It is up to you on what to run. I have one auto on a 12/12 now and another on a 13/1. I just give a little more light when using less hours. You should have fun growing this one though. Once you get past the 2 weeks. The rest just keeps getting easier and easier :grin:

I am sure this guy miss read. But worth checking out. It is one of the reviews for this light

Also, something that should be mentioned in the listing but you only learn once you read the light instructions: you need to turn the light off every 8-hours (rest) and can’t run it any longer than 18 continuous hours. That’s terrible for a grow light, which usually runs for a minimum of 12 hours per day and up to 24-hours round the clock in some situations.

2 Likes

Good luck on the grow! Have fun!

3 Likes

@Not2SureYet hey thanks for joining in I appreciate it. Feeling a little discouraged as 3 seeds have not started a taproot. I know ILGM will do good and replace just a bummer.

I saw that review for the light. Im hoping this is not the case because like you said that wouldn’t work for a grow light. If its the case at least I can return. And try something else.

Awesome! I haven’t seen too many people growing the SD, its my favorite strain so im hoping this all will work out!

3 Likes