First Tim Grower BIG PROBLEMS. HELP PLEASE

Hello this is my first time growing. I have a 3 foot by 2 and 1/2 foot grow cabinet. I tried growing some watermelon zkittlez seeds. They germinated well for the first two weeks 3 weeks and then I started seeing a decline. I have a dwc setup. They all died on me 4 plants all together. Can somebody please help me I’m asking please I don’t want to ruin my new hobby .can somebody please help me with this or what am I doing wrong??

Hi. Sorry about your mishap. Happy to help you figure it out.

Can you describe in careful detail:

Your light
Your pH meter
Your nutrients
Temperature and humidity
Growth medium
Water source

Please be concise, but also descriptive. We’ll have follow-up questions, I’m sure.

P.s you have a limited post count for now. You’ll want to use your posts wisely.

1 Like

Answer these

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?
System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor
Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you smile

I copied this from another page hope it helps welcome to the forum good luck

Also pics of system and describe what it has please

2 Likes

Also, how big is your reservoir, and what model pump are you using?

2 Likes

Strain; watermelon skittles from pyramid seeds

Hydroponic three and a half gallon Reservoir. Grandma’s secret garden whole setup you can look it up online.Grandma's Secret Garden 7.0 - Google Search

PH between 5.5 -6.5

Using 3 part advanced nutrients MICRO, GROW ,BLOOM nutrient mix. as Stated on instructions.

Indoor . Mars Hydro

Temps; Day 80-87 , Night - 77-80

Humidity; 40-70

Ventilation system; Yes

AC- yes Humidifier- yes, De-humidifier- yes

Co2; Yes

What were symptoms of plants before they died ?

Wilting,browning,yellow, twisted etc.

How much were you feeding?

How close to top was water level

The leaves look really healthy in this picture. And then the main big family started getting brown spots and a little bit of yellow and curling a little bit down. I will post pictures

Once the roots started coming out of the rapid Rooter plugs. I lower the water an inch below the net pots. I’m using the three-part micro grow bloom from Advanced Nutrients. Using the instructions as they say on the bottle

You can see the slow decline from week three to right now I will show you the plants right now

How many ml per gallon of each ?

Ph to 5.8

Go lower on water level 2 inch below bottom of net pot.

Is there plenty of air from airstone ? To little air can suffocate or drown them.

2 Likes

That’s rite now ?

If so looks like drowning. Lower water level as stated and check air to airstone.

Are you measuring EC?

I asked about water source. Following manufacturer’s recommendations with an already hard water source can easily lead to a complete lockout.

1 Like

The bottle instructions say 4 ml per liter. I had maybe two gallons in there. I probably put 4 ml of each one of the nutrients. That’s way less nutrients Then instructed right? I must read it wrong. I don’t know how to read the EC levels. But the PPM or at 290-390. I’m guessing the PPM levels being low like that is because I put way too less nutrients than instructed I’m supposed to put at least 16 to 20 ml for 2 gallons I’m guessing. I just got a stronger air pump to get two stones in there I thought the oxygen levels were also low so I’m working on that. I had fungus gnats and I’m sprayed them with an organic oil. And I’m using distilled water for everything.

Ok. Keep the ppm low at this stage. I’m usually around 150 to 200ppm.
The bottle will prob show max.

Google feeding schedule for the nutrient brand you use.
Should find a nice schedule that explains how much to use at each stage of plant life

The brand that I use is the three-part micro grow bloom from advanced nutrients. And the instructions say 4 ml per liter. And I have a 2 gallon Reservoir. Doing the calculations that’s from 16 to 20 ml. And that’s giving me my ppm’s around a 1000 should I lessen the nutrients?

Yeah go way less. You will burn plants with that much.

Need to find someone who uses that brand to get a feeding schedule.

How often were you making a complete reservoir change?

Every week.