First thought when you see these leaves?

A question from a fellow grower:

What would be your first thought when seeing these leaves and the rest of the plant I’m stumped please help

Help us out copy and paste the support ticket. So we know more about what all your doing.b
Tom

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you smile

This will help us tell you what is going on!

It could be too much watering!! Water 2x a week!!! What soil are you using? What are you feeding with?please look up my topics too for my help thanx a lot!!

It looks like hydro so i dont think its to much water. Im thinking mybe PH. But kinda beed the suport ticket
Tom

If it’s in coco , could be iron or magnesium , but until he tells us thru a support ticket , we cannot guess . They look good though , nice strong plants .

They do look nice.

I’ve had the same problem. It turn out to be Calcium or Magnesium. Coco needs a CalMag nutrient.

I use CalMag+, and Microblast. That fixes all of my nute issues, as far as I can tell.

I had similar problems once like that. Was a Magnesium deficiency with mine. Looks very familiar looking to me personally. Cal mag cured my problem.

i would say at first glance only… you need some cal-mag…But if your doing DWC and using a good Hydro nutes .of a good brand itll have plenty in it… SO ,the best way is to fill out a support ticket …as you’ve been advised … It’ll fill in the blank spot’s for US , to fill in YOUR blank spots .:grinning: happy growing .and good luck Hammer…

1 Like

This happens to me too and I want to know why ?!

I’m sick of this happening :scream: :8ball:

4 clones can be sitting together and one or two of them will have this to some degree and the other will be beautiful, but they’re all treated the same ?

…and I don’t think it’s Cal Mag ! I supplement 2ml. in every gallon I mix

I just bought a fairly pricey self calibrating pH pen because I’m sure that my cheap yellow pH pen is malfunctioning, I saw it do so with my own eyes. I think that’s probably how this happens, I see no other possibility ?

In my case there’s no other variable I can see. It has to come from the water, because all other factors are constant !?

1 Like

before i was R.O. ing my well water made it look like deficiency was locking out …then i got ro system and my nutes was chok full of it… so then by supplementing " ADDING cal mag i was causing my own prob with cal mag ,most high enders of nutes will have plenty…Hammer ps your gonna like the easer calibration with that new pen … i hate the little screw type …had two of them …fed them both to the hammer…lol

1 Like

@Hammer, even at a very low PPM ?

Because this always starts in & at a “mild veg” ppm !?

it seems to be across all strains too, but some seem much more susceptible ?

Sometimes I use just plain pH water with 2ml Cal Mag ?

But I had this before I started supplementing with the Cal Mag too ?

( My tap water is about 100ppm and I let it sit at least a day in a big brewing bucket )

are you in soil?? cal mag was first brought about to address the short comings of hydro nutes ,pot loves it but a good soil like promix BX has calcium in it in the form of lime they add to balance it…and if you asking yes to much does look like not enough … to start with … then itll get worse need more info ps my well water is 260ppm mostly lime and sodium…i breed my own seed at that time to countermand this probb… in the end it took latewood to get me to step up to an "ro system and let me tell you I frigging love it …i now have new prob besides the plants growing faster a taller then advertised LMAO…i think ive got broad mites ,my loupe is 16 x and its not enough to be sure yet .so Tuesday my digital microscope arrives … think like its an athelete on a strict diet …no well water cheese burgers and fries …just the muscle booster diet for my girls haha Hammer

I have seen this in soil that has time release nuts. It hits the new growth coming out at the same time as the nut rush then the next growth is fine once the nuts back off again. Looks pretty above and below but that one set is locked out or burnt. Not sure how that relates to dwc tho.

Yes, ffof. I just recently watched my cheap yellow meter go from 6.5 to 5.2 in a gallon of 6.5 water ?

… the only variable is the water so I suspect this particular leaf browning has to have pH written on it somewhere

a lot of people like to say nutrient burn but I think it’s most likely some type of nutrient lockout caused by a pH issue

I just personally observe the meter fluctuate greatly so I’m pretty sure that it also fluctuates just a little and I probably don’t notice it and I think that’s why some clones raised together burn and some don’t

After seeing the yellow meter fail just spent 60 bucks for a decent pH meter, awesome self calibrating, I’m never going to have that issue again

…and if I do continue to have this issue I’ll come back to this thread because it won’t be PH …then we’ll get back into the big unknown LOL …that’s where I’m most comfortable, into the paranormal

1 Like