First signs of trouble indoors

Can I get some experienced eyes on these leaves.
She is one of three siblings. Is the only one showing this sign of orange spots on leaves. They are auto critical mass strain. She is 8 weeks old and I have been running same routine with Fox farm trio nutrition. Soil is dirt, compost and fox farm. 7 gal pots never transplanted. Each has own HGL light with Samsung leds. I’ll try cal mag fix?

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

A support ticket will help us help you. Can you please fill out a support ticket? Please include what type of water you are using (RO, distilled, tap.)

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.

If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post

NA (non-applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed

• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF

Soil brand and type

• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths

• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)

• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable

• Indoor or Outdoor

• Light system

• Temps; Day, Night

• Humidity; Day, Night

• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

• Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you. Pictures taken under natural or white lighting are by far the best.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner.

Welcome to the neighborhood. Like @MidwestGuy said fill out the support ticket to get the best advice. :blush::v:

[quote=“MidwestGuy, post:2, topic:96912”]
• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
Critical mass autoflower. 8weeks old
• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
Dirt , happy frog, compost, pro mix, worm castings. All Mixed up left over dirt from outdoor grow
Soil brand and type

• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
7 gal pots
• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
Water from a natural spring. Hand collected and warmed in grow room.
• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
An
• Indoor or Outdoor
First indoor closet grow.
• Light system
3 HLG 65 full spectrum lights. One for each plant
• Temps; Day, Night
74-72
• Humidity; Day, Night
40-50
• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
Two Circular fans
• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
Na
• Co2; Yes, No
[/quote] :face_with_monocle:
Na

1 Like

We would want to see your runoff pH and PPM. I expect these would reveal what is going on. If you’ve not been paying attention to them it is likely that you have a very low pH and probably a hign PPM based on the color of your leaves. What nutrients are you using to feed her?

Too low of a pH can cause nutrient uptake issues and starve the plant of specific nutrients. Plant absorption of NPK and calcium and magnesium drop off rapidly at pH’s below 6.0.

Which soil?

1 Like

Dirt , happy frog, compost, pro mix, worm castings. All Mixed up left over dirt from my outdoor grow

1 Like

Fox farm trio is what I’ve been using. It’s currently two bottles for this stage of life. 0- 0.5- 0.7 other bottle is tiger bloom 2-8-4.

2 Likes

You are going to have pH problems if 8 weeks into the grow and not managing pH. Expect the issues to resolve if you get pH under control. The plant doesn’t look too bad and should to fine when you get pH under control.

The FF Trio is very “salty.” The minerals in it bond to the soil over time and creates a mineral salt buildup that submarines the pH in your soil. I would flush your soil and manage runoff pH going forward.

1 Like

Absolutely. True with FF soils, true with FF nutes, extremely true when using FF soil + nutes. Their feed routine is actually entirely based on “Sledgehammer” flushes periodically throughout the grow.

I will say this, OP is also probably not wrong thinking that these ladies are asking for CalMag, I haven’t seen a grow using just the Tiger Bloom, Big Bloom and Grow Big where the plants didn’t ultimately demand CalMag too.

3 Likes

Yep. The plant can’t absorb cal/mag with a low pH even if cal/mag was being fed.

1 Like

I added a full length photo for you to see. I have been feeding heavy. The natural spring water is 7 ph. I was using tap water from a hose for outdoor this summer and the ph was high. Summer grow was 9 full photos that reached over 7’. I assumed the spring water would help indoor with it being at a more sustainable ph. With the size and amount of time, energy put into the summer grow, in relation to the size of this indoor. I have ignored that aspect of this. I feed them yesterday and this is pretty new sign of distress. Should I skip a feeding and water for next two cycles to flush out? I fear of overwatering now. I did noticed right before this sign, that this plant had water runoff in its drip pan and others didn’t. She wasn’t as thirsty as the others.

1 Like

You need to flush to reset the pH. Fox Farm soils will revert to a pH of ~6.5 with a good flush.

A heavy watering (a flush) won’t harm the plant. Simply let the soil dry out before you water again.

As a side note: it’s not a good idea to mix soil and Promix. Promix is a hybrid coco medium and has different watering and pH needs. I would let this grow ride, but for the next grow it’s a good idea to pick one or the other rather than both.

3 Likes

You should be getting approx 20% runoff every time you water/feed.

Unless you build your soil correctly, this will cause lots of problems. Doing a flush may be problematic as there’s a lot of stuff in there you know nothing about. A flush and reset may not do it.

This is enough for veg but likely need to double that for dense flower. You’ll get a yield but it will probably be loose and airy.

Thank you. Flushing the indoor autos was just what they needed. I reset the PH to mid 6 and they are very thankful for it.

I bought these lights to start seedlings for full photos. They worked well till they could get outside. I also used them on a clone :+1:t2:. This is the first time using them for small autos indoor. They look and feel great. I would recommend these lights to anyone so far. They are not the V8 of lights, I get that. But they are getting me there. These plants are very small