First SGROG Harvest

Like old_school said, there is really nothing to it.
Just grow it out normally and top it at least once… (we need some branching).
Let it get about 2’ tall, then weave a screen out of string. (wire screens will end up grown into your buds like a wire fence in a tree). Put the screen so the top of the plant is just poking thru.
Now remove all the lower leaves under the canopy, give it a few days to recover from the haircut and flip it to 12/12.
After that it’s just a matter of moving the tops from one hole to another as they grow, effectively spreading it out to get better light penetration, airflow, and as said, those lower bud-sites that would normally be shaded and not do much, will now become full-blown colas!

Like this:

4 Likes

So far out of 5 seeds that I started off only 1 durban poison is doing well , I have a thread under durban poison first time grow, indoor in a growroom, it’s not quite ready for this yet but I topped it yesterday so I’m really tempted to give it a go, I do want to take some cuttings to try cloning because of the seeds lost would that effect this? If I try it do you mind me tapping you up for any advice?

Harvey, how much spacing do you have between your strings?

2 inches.
Posts need to be at least 10 characters so here it is.

WOW! I went 4". I thought of going 3" but 4" work okay as you can see in my pics. Do you feel like that might be a little too tight?

I dunno bro, looks like you have things going your way to me.
I am considering increasing mine… i just don’t think i am leaving enough sticking up at the end of the stretch but at 2", i gotta move 'em pretty quick else they get too large to fit through the holes without being too brutal.

1 Like

I think you are right. Giving your net more space in between will give you more room to manipulate your plant. Nice job, looks good!

1 Like

I run 2 net’s , an upper and a lower…
Lower net has 8 inch squares , top net has 4 inch squares… net’s are 9 inches apart… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

Great first scrog attempt @Old_School
Trying my first one fairly soon & would be happy to have half the success.

1 Like