First seed grow, second tent grow

I have a ton of questions. How do I start. I have germination station with sensor and heated pad set up. I have rock wool , jiffy pots 2 inch or 3 inch not sure. HELP…PLEASE

2 Likes

Welcome ! Start by dropping seeds in warm cup of water for 24 hours. I go from the cup of water. To damp paper towel Clamshell between two saucers. I usually have Sprouts within 2 days. Good luck

1 Like

Starting in the tent then doing outdoor grow in fab pots. I have Outdoor Mixpack 3x5 and Gold Leaf 5 seeds…wish me luck…!!!

2 Likes

Good choice I love the gold leaf one of my favorites You are going to do great. Gold Leaf Does very well indoors and Outdoors I did both.

I’m hoping for the max yield on my plants…

1 Like

@MattyBear @Myfriendis410 @Nicky @Covertgrower @Bobbydigital this my grow joirnal for second grow. Will need advice, starting seed indoors then moving most of grow outside.

4 Likes

We will be standing by… :wink: in between smoke breaks. Lol :dash:

3 Likes

Make sure the light cycle matches when moving the plants outside, you don’t want them to start to flower.

3 Likes

I’m going to start them 24-0. Then move outside

Following along

1 Like

Soaking seeds after work today and prepping tent for germ and veg

1 Like

Should take 2 days for them to crack, plans to put them into solo cups, rapid rooter or jiffy pucks to start? Whatever it is dome it

I have rock wool pods and jiffy cups 3oz. I am using this to germ.

1 Like

Fancy!
Looks like your set!

1 Like

@Covertgrower @Myfriendis410 @Bobbydigital @Spiney_norman @Oldguy Now my big question is is my tent going to be big enough to take 20 plants into veg? Once the timing is right the majority of them will be moved outdoors. Do the laws here I can have 12 plants outdoors so the other eight will stay in the tent, or I will rotate them. As you can see from above that is my seedling starter germination heating pad thing. I will be putting the seeds into rockwool pods replacing the pods into 3 inch jiffy pots in FoxFarm Happy Frog. do I water the soil before I place the pods in how far in do I place the pods in and how much soil should be on top of the rock wool pod… So many questions so little time I don’t want to screw this up. That’s the only reason I’ve waited this long… Thanks in advance for all your help…!!! :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

Your in a 3x5?
Depends on how big you want them to get. And what size containers.

No…lol. I have a 8x7x5 tent. I have 3 lights …total of about 600 actual watts. 1200, 1200 and 600.

I have 12 5gallon Fab pots and 12 10gallon fab pots. My starters are 3 inch jiffy pots. My only concern is how big they will get in veg before transferring outdoors. I only dropped 2 of each seed for now but was waiting for advice before dropping the other 3 of each

1 Like

The average dimensions per plant recommendation is 2x2.
You have almost 8x8, and most people put 4 plants is a 4x4, so 8 plants that are average size.
You could squish more or less but remember that the humidity in thst tents going to shoot through the roof once it’s a jungle so you will need one or two big dehumidifiers to avoid bud rot and other issues.
But it depends how young you want to move them outside as well, younger plants are smaller, after 5 weeks with 8 plants your going to have your hands full ask @Bulldognuts he has 6.

Jiffy 3" pots? Those are the peat pots? Stay away they dry out to fast and are messy just go plastic for small stuff.
Water the soil a day or h as lf a day before transplanting and use Ph’d water, just until run off then stop. Avoid run off in soil grows, if not using nutrients, until nutrients in the soil is used so like week 4 or 5 for a 5 gallon pot.
Plant your plants deep enough that the first set of leafs are a comfortable level, if it’s stretched a bunch plant it deeper to hide the stretch basically.
Think you might be over thinking transplanting. Watch a YouTube video and it can be on tomatoes or any crop really.

1 Like

I wouldn’t discourage anyone from being ambitious but @Nicky makes a good point. I have 6 plants that I only veged for 6weeks. They are in 7 gallon pots. I’m in a 4x8 tent. Here’s how they looked at 6 weeks.

2 Likes