First season, starting late, outdoor South Australia

Washtub Goldy, she started bud first, I’m guessing due to the heat stress of 40+C in a steel pot. She has some kinda like washed out leaves in places so I’m hoping it was heat related and not a deficiency but if it is let me know. Ive just finished my thrive all purpose NPK 25:5:9 and she got her first feed of thrive flower and fruit
NPK 14 : 2.6 : 21 and supplementing with an equal amount of Richgro Phosphorus
NPK 0:15:0

4 Likes

washed out leaf example with baby bud forming toi

2 Likes

Baby bud

3 Likes

And Strawb

That clone I took in bucket is growing but has started budding already and my fridge ain’t ready (due to heat issues) so I’m just gonna let her do her thing in miniature, the clones my mate took are going great so I’ll repossess one of them when I get these issues sorted. Also in those little pots I got one each of the auto mix pack, amnesia and blueberry cracked and tailed no probs. The Northern lights hadn’t cracked or sunk after 3 days floating so I gave it a little squeeze and it cracked (really thick seedshell) I put it back in the water for an hour then planted it with the other 2 in little pots. I tuck the 3 right back in under strawb to protect then a little from the mid 30C

5 Likes

Top notch work, mate! You sure this is your first go round? I’m blown away! Nutes sound just right and I don’t see any deficiencies anywhere.

1 Like

Also, if you pull that potted clone in for a few hours each night and get her under a grow light, you should be able to get her a few more weeks of veg pretty safely. I imagine you’ll have a good supply of meds from the others though. Lol

1 Like

I was wondering about that. Question is, I sometimes don’t get home until its already dark. Would bringing her in after she’s already asleep for 4-6 hours mess around with her body clock? And on the same subject, if I had her inside and switch lights off and forgot to take her out in the morning, would that piss her off. Oh and yep Alan, my first grow. Had some bush weed growing a couple of times but they were just plant and forget. Put some in a creek as a young fella also but none amounted to much. I’ve read a stack of journals on here and then reread a lot when I’m at that stage in the grow.
Good Sun/water/food and genetics. :wink:

Nah, as long as it’s not getting that 10+ hours of solid darkness, it should continue to grow. As far as forgetting to take it back outside, as long as it’s not a regular thing, you should be fine. I grew like this for 3 seasons in SA and forgot to take them out/bring them in fairly often with no obvious impact.

2 Likes

@Powaforce super cropping is when you break the stems to make them grow a different direction (usually outwards but however you want) and monster cropping is taking clones from the plant.
So guessing you did super cropping? How’d it go? I’ve just done my 3 in the bush which are about 4 and a half months into veg and they took to it beautifully…so much that it made Marilyn’s stems turn purple the cheeky thing… yeah super cropping although this is my first ever go at it, is super fun and gets super great results! Like my 3 on the branches I did (which was most of the big ones and a few small ones) started growing a mad amount of shoots from them within 3 or 4 days. I’d recommend it to anyone, particularly if you need to keep plants low.

2 Likes

Nice plants man!

2 Likes

Supercropping, that’s the one. When I was LSTing with tent pegs pre scrog I tried the supercropping and absolutely loved it. Gale didn’t mind it this time although I think her pot is getting too small, I’m not going to transplant her but next time I think I’ll stick to in the ground over pots. I wish I had a strawb in a pot also to compare or a Gold leaf in the ground would be better, but I’m thinking its the pots and not the strain that is causing my Goldleaves? To look a bit grumpy. If anybody disagrees I’d love some opinions.

3 Likes

I’ve heard that the Goldleaf strain is named for the early gold the leaves display… not sure if that’s what you have going on… :thinking:

1 Like

I’ve grown four Gold Leaf*** plants, two each time in two different indoor cycles. I can tell you that they are very hardy plants and they can take a lot of abuse! They grow quickly and get covered in fat buds. The stretch is impressive and the smoke is pretty euphoric. I honestly have nothing bad to say about them! Mine all grew with dark leaves, so I’m not sure where the name comes from.

2 Likes

Mate she is a monster no doubt about that lol and same happened to me tomatoes died now got the bush lol

1 Like

Man you know what’s going on i wouldn’t be to worried about bud roit just let nature take it course

1 Like

Mine are out of control too bro us Aussies can definitely grow good outdoor i just can’t wait to show everyone how we roll with indoor grows lol

5 Likes

I hate it here! :triumph::joy:

1 Like

We certainly do mate lol. Your babies have come along awesome! They’ve definitely filled your patch lol, and they sure do love. The heat :wink:

1 Like

No doubt about that man but nothing to your monster lol! Wake up this morning and the police are at the house down back and from he’s window can see in my yard so I’m on full alert atm not cool having pigs around when he knows I’ve got em there

1 Like

Yeah that’s awkward to say the least. I know how paranoid I got when my neighbours were having a BBQ under Gale so I can imagine your quite nervous, damn possible cannabis induced paranoia lol :wink:
Ill update my girls shortly, bit of a madhouse at mine this time a morning :wink:

2 Likes