First Scrog /Indoor Grow

From the floor (bottom of the fabric pot) to the top of the screen is 19½". I originally had mine at 28½" and then I realized that I would be vegging forever to get that screen filled because it had to get up there first lol. Having it lower also allowed the smaller side branches to get up to the screen faster giving them more light causing more explosive growth. I’d say my plant at its tallest would probably be about 4-5’ if I didn’t have the scrog.

5 Likes

In most case you want to set screen at 25 inches off floor this allows the plant a little time to get her self together before you start messing with her by tucking and what not
You can go a little lower if you want but you want the plant to be mature enough before training
scroging will extend your veg times indoors by a few weeks if done properly to fill screen
Also tou should only scrog one plant at a time to get max benefits from the technique
Topping is a good idea some will top multiple time i myself only top a few time two three at most allowing the shoots to grow long enough to tuck back under screen is my preferred way
I dont weave the branch back and forth threw screen myself
You can fill a 4x4 screen with one plant and by doing so increase your yield from the one plant
I filled a 8 foot x 4 foot screen with one plant last summer in my outdoor grow :wink:

8 Likes

@Flat.Foot @Johnzy81 looks like you have some solid advice already but if you want more. Here’s a link to my last grow journal. It was also my first grow, scrog, harvest, everything. There are good pics of the scrog. Everything I did, I learned from the great folks here. :v:

5 Likes

Here a good reference guys and gals

6 Likes

Thanks for all the info friends much appreciate :v:

3 Likes

Thank you @Tylan ! I appreciate your help with this. I was of little to 0% value on anything concerning scrog hahaha I can’t believe I remembered who it was. Well in all honesty I whittled it down to two people. Okay being more honest, it was probably a lucky guess. Lol.
Thanks for your help buddy I appreciate it.
By the way the pictures you posted look awesome. Well done! Very nice shade of green on those leaves.

4 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 said it before I could lol. Definitely want a single screen for each plant, and more mobile is always good. I’ve been SCROG’ING for the last few grows and much prefer the technique.

If you’d like I’ll tag you to my journal and it might provide some answers.

6 Likes

@Myfriendis410 I would love to have a read off all that information please and thank you for your help mate :v:.

2 Likes

I can not thank you enough @Tylan @Countryboyjvd1971 @Myfriendis410 @SilentHippie but it seems as if I have some reading to do haha.

Ill go ahead and let them grow into the netting as is for now. Im going to try and up the lighting in there aswell.

I have some babies in a smaller tent that I plan on replacing once these clones are done harvesting. But ill see how it goes.

Ill record the process here on out and please feel free to drop info as I continue.

And again thank you EVERYBODY.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::wink::+1::+1:
-flatfoot

5 Likes

@Myfriendis410 I would appreciate the tag to your journal! Thanks bud.

2 Likes

Hey everybody okay so I have some questions.

1. My veg tent has 2x 300 watt MarsHydros but their true wattage is near 140 each I believe and this is a picture.

My buddy just hooked me up with a free 125w CFL fixture/ Reflector. picture

Would this suffice compared to the 2 MarsHydro just for the Veg Tent? Or at least would it be okay to veg with just the CFL…

Would it be best to either:

A. Use the CFL as Supplemental Light for when I flip the ScrOG shed into flower

B. Utilize the 2 Mars Hydros as supplemental lighting in the ScrOG shed

Or what do y’all think?

This is how my shed currently sits.

4 Likes

Tags: @Tylan @GreenThunder @Myfriendis410 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Johnzy81 @neckNflu

2 Likes

I really don’t know lighting but @dbrn32 should be able to give you a knowledgeable answer :v:

5 Likes

What is the plug wattage of the Viparspectra lights? You can use that CFL and it will grow, but there are usually issues with loose and airy buds. You want as much photon energy as possible in the right spectrum. The rule of thumb is 50 watts per square foot. LED’s often quote 35 watts per.

3 Likes

Well as of right now I am using a 400w HPS in my shed to flower, but would it be beneficial to use either the 125w CFL or the 2 MarsHydros for supplemental light?

My veg tent is rather small and is 2x2x4 so thats why I ask.

Would 1 125w CFL be okay for my 5 small plants in my veg tent?

2 Likes

I really don’t believe it will be enough but it wouldn’t hurt to add it.

3 Likes

@Myfriendis410 thanks I appreciate the 2centts my friend! :wink:

2 Likes

Update in Veg Tent:
Afghan Kush

4 Likes

Looking good @Flat.Foot we’ll done mate. :v:

1 Like

I think I’m terms of germinating and early growth that cfl would do pretty well. As your plants start to get larger they may not show as much growth under the cfl as the leds, but I think it would be worth giving it a shot anyway.

2 Likes