First SCROG Grow

Man oh man. I hope mine looks half as good as that for my first time. Great Scott my man

1 Like

They look amazing! Very nice

1 Like

Thanks much guys! A lotta work involved to get them to this point! Hope nothing happens in the coming weeks! Hoping they are ready for harvest by my birthday! (3-9-18) Happy birthday to me!!! I’ll post pics every week so you can follow their progress!

Gilly

3 Likes

Take your time and be patient! Good things come to those who wait!

4 Likes

@Donaldj @peachfuzz @bob31 @muffybunny 2 Questions : 1: When exactly do plants start producing THC??? and 2:: Should I chop the main cola’s 1st (when the time comes) and then let the lower buds produce even more???

2 Likes

THC is produced in the trichomes. It matures as the plant matures… Clear trichomes contain very small amounts of THC. @Gilly

Not sure if there is an any more exact answer than that?

And yes it is ok to do a partial harvest of the lower buds need more time.

3 Likes

@bob31 Very good then! I’ll try that! Thanks for the reply my man! I’ll take all I can get! I’ll give that answer a “Hell Ya”!!! BTW Cleaned my jars from last year and got enough for 3 hitters and talk about a moon shot, Jeez Louize, I was couch locked for 5 hours!!! Been 2.5 months!!! Another “Hell Ya”!!!

Gilly

4 Likes

@bob31 @Donaldj @Dieselgrower @muffybunny What is the best way to cure my weed? I will be using quart jars. (same as last year) Last time I dried my weed by hanging and waiting till the stem “snapped” cleanly. (or almost) Then put in jars and burped 3 - 4 times daily for a month to 6 weeks. Is there any other method besides this??? (also used the Boveda 62% 8 gram paks 1 per jar) (each jar containing an ounce)

Thanks,
Gilly

1 Like

For myself what seems to work is; I let em dry fpr a week or so gibebor take a day till thet feel good and dry then I’ll put em in my mason jars with the bodeva packs and just let em sit. In there and check on them every day or so.

@Gilly

I do a rough wet trim and then dry in paper bags testing them in the manner prescribed. I then dry trim and place into the jars.

Do you have a hygrometer to monitor the Rh? I use two as they are never exact and I like having the backup! That way as you burp them down you know when they are at the optimal RH

I use the inkbirds cause they fit the jars well. Also if the initial RH into the jars is higher than 65% or so, hold off on the bovedas until they are closer to 60%

2 Likes

Thanks guys!!!

Gilly

1 Like

@Dieselgrower @peachfuzz @MattyBear @muffybunny @bob31 My, my how they grow so fast!!! 3.5 weeks into flower! Main colas are right at 1" long now! Many, many, many smaller buds on the lower branch’s! Anticipating a HUGE harvest this year! A guy couldn’t ask for any better! Will post more pics in 3 - 4 days!

Gilly WEED 90909 002WEED 90909 004WEED 90909 005WEED 90909 007

13 Likes

Look forward to more pics in a few days! Keep it up bud

1 Like

Looks great brother

1 Like

@Gilly
Looking great!

1 Like

My wife says your tent looks nice

1 Like

@Donaldj Thanks much for the kind words all! My 1st year was a real struggle, over watering, nute burn, wrong Ph water, too much heat and the list goes on! I learned many a thing in that 1st year and made a mental note of all the wrongs! This year I applied all those things I learned and Walla, perfect plants!!! I can’t wait!!! 7 - 9 more weeks and they should be right for the chop’in block!!! This site is DEFINITELY the place to be if you wanna learn how to grow the best weed posible!!! Everyone here has helped in one way or another!!!

Thanks much guys and gals,
Gilly

4 Likes

Thanks much!!! I truly appreciate the nice comment!

Gilly

Thanks my man!

Gilly

1 Like

Thanks bud,

Gilly

1 Like