First SCROG Grow

@timmyv324 It may take a few days but from what I’m seeing it sure looks like they are doing better! Leaves are starting to unfold a bit and look a bit greener this morning! We’ll see huh!? Looks like there is gonna be a little bit of damage but nothing serious! I think I will have enough new growth over the next few weeks to keeps the buds happy!

Gilly

2 Likes

Well that’s sounding like a good plan. It will usually take a few days to a week to see some results at times so I think your on the right track.

@timmyv324 I sure hope so! I’m counting on this to last me a good while!!!
UPDATE: Well…they are definitely looking better! I think if I do the selective harvesting thing I’ll be OK! There are a LOT of smaller buds that are gonna need more time for sure!

1 Like

@Donaldj Could you please post that link that shows the deficiencys in MJ plants!? The 1 that has the pics and explains whats going on! Too much of this and not enough of that! I’ve seen it before but can’t find it now!
Thanks,
Gilly

2 Likes

@Donaldj @timmyv324 @Dieselgrower That would be the 1 ! Thanks my man!!! Whatever it is I think I caught it in time! It’s just 3 of the 5 plants. The other 2 look fantastic! Only the main colas seem to be affected! (been trimming all the dead $h!t off too) They are still growing and getting bigger each day! (the buds are still producing new growth) Tons of trichomes too! (hands are sticky just from moving colas to check the undergrowth) Everything below the main colas looks to be fine! I flushed for 3 days so tomorrow I’m gonna give them a half shot of Big Bloom! Wednesday will be week 6 of flower! You’ll see the damage when I post my weekly progress pics. The 3 look like he!! but as I said, they are still growing and getting bigger each day! I’m 99% sure there will be enough new growth to finish out the damaged buds. I’m going to try the stem splitting thing and also do a selective harvest! Once the main colas have been harvested they should look like nothing ever happened! Yes, there is SOME damage but I think by doing those 2 things I should still get that pound I’m after! After this feeding that will be it, nothing but 6.0 Ph water till the end! It’s just beyond me why 3 did this and not all 5???

I’d say if your 6 wks in and your now flushing its possible you have a deficiency because the plant is using everything up to flower. I don’t know how long you plan to flower but usually week 8 you will start to flush for harvest so your in a funky spot right now . But usually when you get close to harvest you will have leaves dying off especially under led lights because the plant is using up everything for flower. When u do your last flush it will really start looking bad cuz the leaves will start yellowing from the flush

2 Likes

Gave them a bit of Big Bloom today to help replace what was lost in the flush! I’ll see in 2-3 days if they start greening up again! I think things will be OK from here on out! Like I said earlier, once the main colas are chopped (selective harvest) you won’t be able to tell anything happened at all! Everything below the main colas look fine! As long as they keep producing new growth they should be OK because the new growth is staying green and not turning like the rest did!

1 Like

@Gilly I think your on the right track if your conditions are right this is actually the time to increase your nutrients. Is that all you give them is the bloom.? I guess depending on what brand you use that is all you get. I like to use terpinator in my bloom stage to increase terpins too. I guess what I’m saying is it should b eating more than before now with the flowers.

@timmyv324 Fox Farms Big Bloom! That’s all I gave them! Just a bit to see what happens!

1 Like

I use Botanicare line. It’s a bit different I use silica , bloom , and sugars plus the Terpinator. So there’s a bit more to that line but I also use some nitrogen in there to to keep growth going. Honestly it’s not looking to bad just give it time . Some times I’ll just let them go a day and try not to do anything or check on them and usually that extra day things happen for the best. As long as it’s not dying it will all b ok

I have 1 plant that has rusty looking spots just on the sugar leaves, I have it figured as a potassium deficiency any input will be appreciated ( I cannot upload a picture I am working on that)

1 Like

Look up in this thread @Donaldj posted a link to IGLM symptoms checker. Open it up and look to see if you can identify your issue. Pictures are key here. When you text the upload in the lower right corner will get you to use a picture from your phone.

@timmyv324 Well my man…here are the weekly progress pics! I’m soooooooooo embarrassed!!! @dieselgrower @Donaldj @MattyBear @Bogleg They went from looking like a champ to $h!t in 2 weeks time! Just gonna let it ride and see what happens!!! Like I said , they look great BELOW the buds on the 3 plants! Other 2 are fine! (still don’t understand why it’s not all 5) I’m still holding out hope that doing a selective harvest will save most of it! (and stem splitting) We’ll see in 4 weeks what the hell the outcome is!WEED%20000%20001WEED%20000%20002WEED%20000%20003WEED%20000%20004WEED%20000%20006

9 Likes

Hard to tell what’s going on it that lighting. Can you snap a few in white or natural light? They look beefy!

2 Likes

Damn it!!! That’s sucky. I had one of mine do that. I ended up dimming my light cuz I was out of height and flushed fir a week and it came back. It was never like it was but I was able to harvest it. And it was good smoke.if you think about it in nature the fall sun isn’t as intense as the summer so that’s how I came up with that conclusion but like I said I wAs up to the ceiling so it was light burn for me.

@timmyv324 @Donaldj @peachfuzz @Dieselgrower @MattyBear @bob31 Well guys…things are looking up! (finally)! There is some damage but the buds that looked like he!! 2 weeks ago are coming back! New growth coming on and lots of trichomes! The plants are green again. Like I said before I’m gonna try the stem splitting thingy and do a selective harvest! Everything from the net down still looks great! Lots and lots of smaller buds that will need more time to mature! Once I chop the main colas and remove the top net the smaller buds should take over in force and produce a sea of buds again! (I hope) Soooo…that’s the plan! I think everything is gonna be just fine and hopefully get that pound I’m after! Oh yeah…I was rearranging colas the other day to get maximum light and 1 of them broke the stem so I just went ahead cut it! (was a smaller 1) Let it dry and tried it out and I couldn’t even function for 4 hours!!! Wowzzzaaaa!!! Can’t even imagine what it will be like when it’s dried and cured properly!!!

Thanks all,
Gilly

7 Likes

Hey sounds good!!! Can’t wait to see the selective harvest ! I’ve never done it do to time but really it makes sense if your just growing for yourself. It’s great smoking your own isn’t it. And loving it is even better !

1 Like

Glad everything’s looking better! I’m watching to see how it goes.

2 Likes

For sure. There a lot of waiting in this game. Least you got to sample her. Won’t b long now.

2 Likes