First Scrog attempt with ILGM Super Skunk

I would bet that you could probably fill a 6x6 foot screen outdoors with one plant, if not bigger! It would be awesome to see pics of that monster! I’ll be looking forward to seeing your grow!

1 Like

For sure been reading up on it for months now just didn’t set my self up next grow for sure plus I have to many plants right now next grow only 2/3

1 Like

Look forward to seeing brother! It’s really easier than it seems. I just stress when it comes to new grow techniques. Then I vape an oven full and all the stress just melts away!

Nice :+1:
That’s what it’s all about lol
I’m still old school smoker but I’m planning on making my own vape juice and hash just waiting for my girl to finish up lol
Still got 6 weeks :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::wink::v::+1:

1 Like

I’m using a dry herb vape and was pleasantly surprised on the speed and punch of the buzz delivery. That and at our age we need to everything that we can to reduce health issues. I still smoke cigs, so this is a healthier alternative for me.

2 Likes

I’ve tried them but wasn’t a big fan maybe it was the ones I tried ?

1 Like

Day 23 of flower. Thought I was farther along and started getting a little discouraged on progress till i checked my calendar. Still feeding FF nutes per schedule every other watering. Temps are 72-75 lights on, 66-70 lights off. Humidity low at 32%, but does not seem to hurt. Also got a small sample bottle if Mammoth and going to give it a go around to see what happens. I’ve never cleared the amount of underbrush that I have this grow, and it slowed me down more than I expected. But I have also never trained a plant more than fimming once and then let it grow. I think the extra time will pay off though, and I love the extra time with the ladies. I also just started putting together a 3.5x3.5x6.5 foot tent together and will hopefully be starting my Trainwreck on Tuesday. I think they look decent for day 23, let my know, good or bad!

7 Likes

They are looking excellent my man keep it up you’re almost there… I know they smell so good right now …I’ve got a little tear in my eye , just cuz I know…:wink:

:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Alright, day 37 of flower. Looks like they are doing what they are supposed to do! Buds filling out and getting really frosty. Temps day 76, temps night 68. Tap water set out 72 hours in room ph’d to 6.5. Still running FF nutes and added bembe and mammoth p to the routine right after the last post two weeks ago. Though this is my first scrog, it’s the third Super Skunk grow and the buds are are frosting much more at this time than the other two grows. Still on 12 on, 12 off for lights. I’m thinking about reducing on time by one hour a week for the next two weeks. Does it work? I wish my pics were scratch and sniff so you all could just breathe it in. It puts you into a totally different atmosphere!! Here are some pics of the progress. This will not be my last scrog for sure. And I’ll only get better!

2 Likes

By the looks of your pictures you still have quite a bit of time to go… you’re still getting those yellow pistols , which means they still want to grow… so don’t go crazy just yet …but you will notice you probably don’t have one major huge Cola , but you have a lot of middle-sized great dense colas… scrogging is the only way to go …that’s the best use of your light , your fertilizers , your plant numbers …everything in general …if I could say anything or preach anything it would be to learn how to scrogg and also to figure out how you’re going to do it… watering , air movement , Exedra Exedra … but right now everything you’re doing is looking good buddy keep it up… just understand that you still need to go maybe 3 weeks from what I can see… but that’s just me… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

That’s about what I figuring too. I think I read somewhere about reducing the daylight period gradually until you get to 14 off and 10 on and leave it there for a week, then harvest. Just trying to get opinions! I harvested the last two at 54 and 58 days respectively. I’m going to let these go longer as I think that they will really explode within the next two to three weeks and then let the trichs tell the tale!

What you have to understand is all your weight comes at the end… that’s when all the density and weight comes in… the only thing you have to be worried about is nanners and your plants turning hermi on you… because most plants in general after 12 to 14 weeks in flower will start to hermi on you… I tend to run my plants as long as I can until I start to get Hermes… that’s about the time I pull them which normally is about 50% to 75% Amber trikes… thats just me thoe… if I can’t remember my name or who I am or why I’m still sitting on the couch after 4 hours that’s pretty much what I’m looking for just so you know… :wink:

4 Likes

I’m not sure if you wet trim or dry trim or if you have the capabilities of blacking your plants out for 48 hours or 36 hours at least 3 days and you will put a lot of resin in a lot of stickiness on those plants in 3 days of Darkness… I tend to cut my plants down and hang them up in the dark with no trimming to allow them to suck all the nutrients from old leaves and try to live as long as they can in 3 days of darkness… before I do a final Trim… later on at least three weeks or two weeks later when they are dry and that’s when I trim… but that’s just me… :wink:

Think I’ll shoot for 25-30% amber. Still have to remember my name when I’ve got the grandkids! Lol!

1 Like

I’m going to be a grand daddy for the first time this year I believe in November sometime… yikes… I may need stronger medicine… :wink:

2 Likes

@peachfuzz @Akshooter I’m a 3x pappa. Best job in the world. A little sativa and a little indica go a long way lol.

3 Likes

I’m actually a Great Great Uncle x 4. We ain’t spring chickens any more boys and girls! It’s just awesome that we have access to knowledge and help that we need via this forum. I’d go nuts without cannabis. Quit for about 10 years and started having health problems, some due to stress. Figured if I was going to smoke, I was going to control what went to my body and mind. Haven’t had a health problem now in 2 years and more chill than ever! Hence my presence here!

5 Likes

I have always wet trimmed and not had a blackout period. I have read that there may be benefits to a blackout period and I have the ability to do so. I have always cut branches, hung to dry until small stems somewhat break but don’t snap. Usually takes 7-14 days depending on humidity in drying room. Then cut buds from stems and put it one quart Mason jars with a humidipak. Open and let breathe for 15-30 min every day for a week, then once a week. Cure for two to four weeks before enjoying. Depends on how long I can wait! I am currently smoking some 3 month cured SS and it gets better with age! I want to try a blackout period this grow to seen the results.

2 Likes

It’s funny that you say that …I had told a story on a thread somewhere back in the day …a time when I had given something to somebody who sat on it for 2 months and then decided to share it with me… I was blown away I could not believe how great it was and I asked him where did you get this and he looked at me and smiled and said you dummy …ever since then I sit on everything for at least three months because if you don’t do that… what’s the point… very very good medicine… :wink:

4 Likes

This is a good ending to an old thread… :wink:
Just thought I would share… :wink:

3 days into flower… :wink:

:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes