First plant using living soil

are they autos or photos?
Autos generally don’t get as large and of photos you can flip earlier to help keep size down.
I’d let them both grow out and just train them to share the center by tying them down and thinning them out.
I’m just finishing a grow with all of them in 1 gallon pots all organic with cover crops.
Wanted to see how it went using small pots and although they are a smaller size than I would have had using larger pots they will each yield about 3 ounces give or take.

Why not see what happens letting them both share that pot. I’ve had 4 different strains in the same pot although the pot was a 40 gallon size.

You’ll need to water them more often but should be fine.

2 Likes

Hey,
I bought a cover crop mix pack. There is no description on packet, however I can see grass & clover. Not sure what else.

2 Likes

Hey,
Yep, I think I will let them be. Like you said, I can flip early to keep size down. I could lose them both if I start messing around.
Cheers

1 Like

@Skydiver
Can you post some pics of the plants in smaller pots?
Cheers

1 Like

The pack of seeds consist of
Barley, linseed, buckwheat, red & white clover , wheat, rye, millet & a couple more
Cheers

1 Like

These are from a week or so ago

These about 4 weeks ago

Oops, I replied to your journal. Very nice results.
Cheers

Imho I think you should wait and see the sex of the plants before deciding what to actually do but concerning the separation it should prolly happen soon rather than later if you’re going to want to do anything with either of them….a little bit of stress on the roots early on is better than trashing something later cause it was just too late to actually move and it died ya dig…? :sunglasses::call_me_hand:t2: Good luck

Thanks buddy,
I’ve decided to flip them, they are 4 weeks old now. Autos usually start the flowering process around this age.
One plant next time.
Lesson learnt…
Cheers

You’re most welcome! Can’t wait to see how they bud out for ya :sunglasses::call_me_hand:t2:

1 Like

Hi again,

The two plants are going ok. I’ve removed most of the bottom fan leaves on the right plant & none on the left plant & I’ve also bent them slightly so they don’t get in each others way. Flipped 4 days ago. Impressed with the soil so far.
Cheers

1 Like

:smile:that looks like a growing area prep! Noice!

1 Like

They’re looking ok I think.
No nutrients added to this soil. Seems to be doing its job.

3 Likes

Healthy and green. Good work :slight_smile:

1 Like

I see some buds back there :star_struck:

1 Like

@anon86641082 @grizZz

Buds are starting to fatten up nicely

Cheers

2 Likes

Looks like thay are starting to chuck up nicly. Great work! Only time will tell now…

3 Likes

Much better outcome using pot for one plant. She can spread her wings!

1 Like

U can try very carefully split the 2 plants apart without breaking the main root and not so many smaller roots but u have to take it out of the pot and spilt it trying to keep as much soil on the roots as possible. If not use one for clones wait till get a bit bigger. Goodluck