Hope everyone had a Great Christmas!
I currently have these blue dreams from ILGM that happens to be my first photoperiod run. They have been going for a long time now I would say just about 5 months. So far on the negative side of things I noticed:
- Very High electric bill ( up by @ least 200$ per month ) which really having me on the fence of continuing this hobby.
- Flower time seems a bit on the slower side, I would say im in day 45
- I did notice on 1 of the girls pistils turned more than 50% orange day 25 in flower
On the Positive note :
- ALL 20 seeds i purchased looked great and so far all germinated direct in soil with only watering by a misty spray bottle
- All plants ever raised by ILGM recovered from any kind of trauma beautifully, I have made many mistakes such as dropping things, dog attacks, nutrient problems, pest ect. All were 100% curable in no time and turned out to be beautiful.
- Plants Smell and look Beautiful!
Some Questions I had for the Community:
- How much longer do the plants you see look like they can take ?
- Estimates on yield ?
- Anything I can do to save money on my electric bill ( next grow I do need to decrease wattage so looking for recommendations on best light setup for biggest yeild ( on about 7 photoperiod plants ) in 1 area, such as the one in the pictures.
- What I can improve on?
Here are my specs :
-1000w dual switch floragrow led / 400w MarsHydroLEd/ 150w canngro light ( lower branches )
- hepa carbon filter ( winix plasma wave ) w/ fan
- Menards stand up area heater
Temp/humid ( 73-78f, 30%-50% )
ph ( have had mixed experiences using testers so until I find a reliable and user friendly one , I have decided to use ( sensi Bloom ) as directed which promises to balance soil ph if used as directed. So to be honest haven’t tested exacts
Throughout vegg ( General Hydroponics! as directed
In flowering ( SenisiBloom pA/pB, Flower Fuel as directed ) Every other water Water in total 4 times a week, 1.5gallons each time. Nutrient mix 3 times out of the 4 total.
Soil: Oceans Forest / 5 gallon buckets, coco worm brick bedding.
I look forward to your inputs !!!