First photo grow light questions

I’ve been growing Autos indoors. I want to try photos my question is can I start the photos on the auto light schedule 18/6? Are the light leak issues I’ve read about a problem during veg or just after the flip? I know I have a few leaks in my tent can I just tape them? The zipper has a few spots as well how can I correct that?
The photos will be with autos for around 6-7 weeks while they finish.
Any advice is welcome

2 Likes

18/6 is the typical light schedule for vegging photo period plants. So you shouldn’t really have a problem there. The light leaks you will want fixed prior to putting the photos on flowering schedule. If you’re in a tent, tape will usually work. But I suppose there is some flexibility needed for size of light leak and type of damage. You could always install a layer of panda film all the way around inside of your tent too.

2 Likes

Thank you
I’m going to get leaks fixed and the room the tent will be in will be a dark room basically. I will be scheduling dark time accordingly.

1 Like

Search the forum for a thread about fixing light leaks with flex seal. It’s simple and genius.

1 Like

Get digital timers…
I repeat , get digital timers…lol :wink:
When power goes out , they go right back to exact time you set previously…
Lights and extraction fans are all on digital timers…

over time , those mechanical timer’s will fall out of time …
I only use mechanical timers in vegg because nothing really matters then…
:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Just throw a black out curtain over where you think you have light leaks…
I use them for going in and out of doors , like a photo booth…
But in your case , you can cover all of the light leaks from the out side with no effort…lol :wink:
:v::sunglasses:

3 Likes