FIrst Photo grow, (born 8/14) when to switch to flower?

Depends on how big u want ur girl!!! Happy growing. Plants double sometimes triple strain specific. @SW-Desert-Farmer-Jon

Do u have any air flow @SW-Desert-Farmer-Jon. Like a circulating fan plants need air flow i see i see now lol

Hey whats up man,

I found this just doing a quick search for the EC/PPM info. I think it all equates to the same, its just different units. Maybe a good comparison would be for pressure, PSI, bar, etc. Hopefully I’m not completely wrong. LoL

I have given it Cal-Mag, at 2.5ml per gallon, pretty much every watering since it sprouted, less when its a seedling. Nutes I usually skip every other watering.

Thanks for the reply. I will post some pictures in a couple weeks.

Oh yeah, one more thing. I currently am using the Flora series by GH. Currently I’m giving 2.5ml of each, per gallon of water. I know I will need to bring down the floragro, and up the florabloom soon, just not exactly sure when I switch. Is there a general time frame? Like 3 weeks after you switch to 12/12? Thanks again.

I’m guessing you saw? lol

I have 2 small fans pointed at lights, and two small tower circulating fans on the ground, and then I have a fan exhausting air also. Hopefully this girl will grow some nice tops. Cheers!

1 Like

Im sure u will pull it off!! good vibes ur way

Thanks my man.

1 Like

The reason I was asking is feed PPM (550 ec 1.1) for the age of the bigger plant is really low unless you are supplementing the soil.
I change to flower nutrients when I flip. You want to have phosphorous and potassium on board and available when they start to flower.
If you are giving CalMag regularly I don’t know what is the cause of the brown spots and edges.
Maybe @BobbyDigital @PurpNGold74 @AfgVet or @MattyBear can lend a hand

2 Likes

I would say you need to up your nutes if you are only getting 550 ppms at run off or feed. I’m not familiar with your nutes but I’d say they need higher poms

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply. After some research, it looks like GH has updated their feed charts for the Flora Series nutes I’m using. It seems I have been using about 1/3 of what is actually needed. I will attach the feed schedule, I plan to go with the medium feed schedule for now. In a couple days I will be at the start of week 3 in bloom, the schedule tells me to shoot for 1.6 - 1.9 EC, or 800-1000 ppm. My question is, I water probably every two days approx… Do I give one big dose of nutes 1.6-1.9 EC? and then just water the next couple waterings? Or do I give less nutes, and just add them with every water?

Hopefully that all makes sense. Thanks @beardless for noticing my ppm levels were low. Hopefully I can get this figured out before this lady gets too far into flower.

I can not answer that question with certainty. I have never used HG nutrient. However, when I used fox farm trio of nutrients it was given on a feed - water - feed schedule. With mature plants, a full dose was given on feed days. On water days, supplements like calmag and silica were given.
If you are in soil, I would use the schedule described above. Feed / water enough to get good runoff. You may have to flush once or twice during flower.
I checked GH website and could not find specific instructions. You may want to contact GH directly or post your usage and frequency questions in a new thread dealing specifically with this question.

1 Like

I have an update on the plant. I created a pretty rudimentary excel doc for a log, to show my EC/PPM levels, and also the nutes/sups I’m giving and amounts. I will attach as a image, plus some today pictures of the plant, she is on day 25 since 12/12 light cycle switch. I upped the Cal-Mag from 2.5ml to 5 ml since a few of the leaves looks to be deficient. Any thoughts would be appreciated, lights are about 19 inches away on my wattage. Thanks for looking.

I could not find what medium you are using. I do not mean to be an alarmist but I see a few things that need addressing.
What is your grow medium?
The dried curled leaf tips

It does look like a calcium deficiency, especially first part of flower, but there is often an underlying problem. It shows as a calmag deficiency because of lockout.

This is a support ticket. It covers a lot of questions that usually get asked when problems arise.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc)
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable) (Feed & runoff)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Hey there,

If you check out the table I uploaded on the last picture, it will give you most information. I have also included what you gave me.

-What Strain: White Widow - Photo, seeds purchased from ILGM
-Age of plant: 108 days
-Method: Soil, not sure if its got salt. I use a combo of FF Ocean Forest and Happy Frog
-Vessels: Fabric Pot (5gal)
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable) (Feed & runoff) - See Chart
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable - See Chart
-Method used to measure PH and TDS - Blue Lab EC and PH pens
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space - Indoor 28" x 55" x 80"
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum - Spider Farmer LED
-Actual wattage draw of lights - Not Sure
-Current Light Schedule - 12/12 Cycle
-Temps; Day, Night - 80 day, 65-70 night
-Humidity; Day, Night - 55% for both
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size - AC Inifinity 6" Inline Duct fan, set at 2 always
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, - NO AC or Dehum. I have a 1 gal humidifier constantly running to meet RH levels desired, but it sometimes isn’t enough.
-Co2; No

You can see my PPM for Nutes, and run off PPM levels on the chart. I just started maybe 10 days ago, so only so much on there so far. Thanks.

I have an update. I’m not sure I ever really got her back to 100% health. But her flowers are looking good to me. So maybe I got her back on track, who knows?! I have attached a spreadsheet type form with my feeding regiment, with most other important information. I also took pictures of the plant now, and also of the trichomes (I did my best for those). The plant is due to be watered today which I haven’t done yet, so I hope to get some feedback on if you all think she’s ready or not. And my next steps. I’m guessing just PH water from this point. Anyway, thanks in advance. The chart will give you days in flower, etc. When I water, I use 1 gallon each time, since plant maturity. Thanks again. Jon

2 Likes

Check out my post above, thanks. @beardless @oldmarine @Dankloud @AfgVet

1 Like

Looks good and I agree with your assessment of just water from here on

Close. I see you are day 52 of flower. ILGM says 9 weeks. So somewhere between 63 and 69 days.
I didn’t see a lot on amber on the sugar leaves. This makes me think to give it a little longer. Me, I would feed once more then go to water only. You can probably drop calmag from the feed. Not a lot of need this late in flower.

2 Likes

I see plenty of cloudy and some amber. I would do plain ph-ed water from now until the tricombs are just where I want them

1 Like