First photo grow, blue dream and LSD

You need to have water level 1 1/2 -2" below the net pot. You risk stem rot and damping off issues. Once roots are in solution they will do the job.

Make sure rez temps stay below 70F to avoid pythium.

The girls were super dry tonight when the lights came on so I gave him some water with pH 6.5

1 Like

Indeed. As i am doing clones with 1000w HPS. Complete opposite methods lol.

Late to the party, set to watch. :+1:

Oh, it will. Once roots hit water the hydroton is designed to wick a precise amount of water up into the top of the root zone: burying it underwater will absolutely cause stem rot. But it’s your plant.

1 Like

You have some latitude until roots are established but the technique generally used is a top feed if doing deep water culture. So long as you do drop water levels below net pot after roots are established you should be fine.

You should have lots of roots showing at 2 weeks.

Beautiful ladies u have there, I’ll also be watching

1 Like

So one of the things you are trying to capitalize on is the plants’ desire to search for moisture. If you deprive them of a large amount of the moisture they are getting now the plant will hunt for a water source instead of using what’s provided for it. Make your plants work a bit. Seriously. I haven’t watched a bunch of Youtube videos, but I have grown hydro and asked questions of dedicated experienced hydro growers.

You have a nice setup and should do well with your plants. Stay moderate with nutes and your girls will reward you.

2 Likes

@ChumpZilla88 thats the system from pahydroponics

i was going to order the 8 bucket setup but they closed down due to the virus so i have to wait till they reopen. how would u rate it overall. i was going to add a chiller to it and a few more goodies @ChumpZilla88

nice u have an grow journal u can tag me in so i can follow also @ChumpZilla88

I think it’s time I took over this hijacking. Maybe you should start your own journal!

3 Likes

These plants were completely dry after one day. These 1 gallon AirPots certainly let it lotta air get in to the roots. So once again I watered this time until saturation was definitely apparent plane water 6.45 ph
Here’s a pic from today

2 Likes

Those girls look happy how do the air pots work if you don’t mind me asking

1 Like

@KE13
Here you go

1 Like

@dbrn32 to get these two beauties to stretch a little More should I raise this light to 2 feet…Or turn the driver down a little bit. It’s the 4 foot 250 watt strip You helped me build. By the way that light is kicking ass :hugs:. Thanks again for the help with that.I’ll be putting together the small strip lights pretty soon.I might try the three strips with that driver just for kicks and giggles.see if it works… I will let you know!

2 Likes

@Happilyretired

Are those some type of pest’s bites/feeding on your lady to the left??

@KE13A few days back those leaves were inside those pots the fan blowing the leaves rubbed on them and made them spots

1 Like

Try turning down a little

1 Like

Spinning them around and looking at them when they’re real close together doesn’t help either… I’ve never been very gentle!

1 Like