First nute add during early flower gone so wrong...!

I am not sure what happened my plants were flourishing I gave them a feeding this morning with nutes and now they’re dying leaves are drying out turning brown leaf stems are curling down. I avoided using nutes for the most part so far. I had nothing but issues with them.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like
  • What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
    Only 2 with issues. Purple kush and GDP
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
    FFOF soil
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
    Fabric pots 5 gallon
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
    Water 6.0. Solution 6.2
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
    NA
  • Indoor or Outdoor
    Imdoor
  • Light system
    2x 1200(426w) 1x 600(125w)
  • Temps; Day, Night
    Day 72 night 66
  • Humidity; Day, Night
    Day 50 night 40
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
    Yes. 6 inch intake, 4 in vent out
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
    NA
  • Co2; Yes, No
    No artificial co2. Just what the air produces

Please post a picture of the entire plant in natural light. I would recommend getting an inexpensive ppm meter from amazon.

How old are the plants?
What brand of nutrients?
What was the ratio of the mix?

1 Like

Got preteen clones July 27, flower crowning started 4 days ago.
I have a ppm meter but ppm always ran high no matter how much I flush.
FF nutes, but really didn’t use much whole grow. Ratio of what mix…??

These are pics as of yesterday

Run off on FF will be high through the veg at least. I’ve never run it only read about the soil. When the ppm of the run off starts to come down that signals time to start nutes. You have had them in veg for four months an just flipped to 12/12. Am I understanding this correctly?

Nutes to water. Such as 1tsp of xxxx to a gallon of water. Have you done a scheduled flush?

The have been getting mostly pH water occasional calmag and molasses. Yes in veg 4 months. Had issues early on.

1/4-1/2 dose tiger bloom, calmag, bembe

The plants look good I just think they are hungry. You’ve had them in FF for almost 12-weeks they have used up all the nutes in the FF and you are giving them very little in the way of food. Next feeding check your ppm going in you should be between 1750-2000 according to this feeding schedule. They are using a lot of energy right now producing those buds. I don’t think you need to flush right now because you have fed so little. When you start feeding more you will need to flush as recommended.

1 Like

Thanks to @Bubblehead for the chart. @Weedlvr0321. Just bear in mind that that chart is in the 700 scale for ppm reads.
Most tds pens in North America are on the 500 scale. Make sure to check your pen before adding to your plants. :wink::v:

Here is the 500 scale chart for ppm. Did you spray the plants with something? Were the leaves wet when the lights were on?

Think you may have a nitro deficiency with the yellowing veins and chlorosis starting to work it’s way back on the lower leaves

4 Likes

I spray with plain water daily. I never really used any nutes. I just started with flowering. They are also very dry. I have to water them in the AM. I shoulda stuck to straight pH water and calmag with molasses. :sleepy:

Ppm has always been around 3600

2 of them are at 1400 other 3 are 2600

Exactly what I was scrolling to bottom to ask.

I would stop doing that. Also, you said watering in the morning, is that lights on?

2 Likes

I screwed up my light schedule while tipsy so I now have to readjust timing. I only spray when light off so as not to cause burning. I want to change time of lights on lights off so it will be lights off 6am lights on 6pm. Right now it is the opposite. Can I change it tonight by doing 6 hours on 6 off then back to 12 on 12 off…???

Also this morning with light on I am giving 1 gallon each plain pH water. They were very dry last night bit didn’t want to water with lights off.

If you’ve already been running 12 hour schedule, extend the dark period until you need lights to come on. The risk/reward factor doesn’t support spraying your plants with plain water during lights out. If you had to treat for bugs or something would be one thing. But plain water and plant processes in the dark just doesn’t really do enough for your plants to justify the moisture on your plants.

Stick with watering at or around time lights come on too.

4 Likes

I always wait for lights on to water. Sometimes I use flower kiss foliar spray at lights out Cuz it say not to use in the light. I extended the dark period today. Light goes back to 12/12 tonight. 6pm lights on 6am light off.

1 Like