First LED Grow 1000W Giixer

This is my first LED grow. I’m a longtime HID user and am still skeptical about these LEDs. Just HPS although I have an older MH somewhere collecting dust LOL. I do like ceramic metal halides but haven’t gotten one yet. How do you guys like the Ceramic MHs? Anyways, this is week 5 flowering for this Cherry Pie.

Strain-Cherry Pie
Week 5 Flowering
Nutrients-GH Flora, Grotek Monster Bloom, Photosynthesis + (smells like PISS… literally)
Deep Water Culture-5 Gallon Buckets
Light-1000W Giixer

This is a shot before I moved it the tent

Happy Growing!

Sincerely,
Bobby

6 Likes

Not familiar w the Giixer LED you listed. LED’s are very well liked here BUT many are garbage and use deceiving advertising. @dbrn32 is the lighting guru and can help you out. I’ll be following to learn. I have been using a QB132v2 x 4 kit for vegging. Love them so far.

:v:

1 Like

@dbrn32 QB132? I’m not familiar with that LED. Got any info on it? What do you consider when choosing a light?

Happy Growing!

Sincerely,
Bobby

2 Likes

Quantum Boards from Horticultural Lighting Group - Looks like they are sold out of everything for now. Spectrum is important also. I bought a 4 pack of the 132’s and did a diy build. Wasn’t hard at all. My setup is for veg only. Google it and spend some time on their site. I’m hoping the boards will be back in stock soon.
:v:

1 Like

It’s not an actual light, It’s technically just a printed circuit board with a bunch of leds on it. The end user has to configure the board(s) into a mountable fixture and wire a suitable led driver to make it a complete light. Maybe you’ve seen some of the other lights from horticulture lighting group? The qb 132 is one of their offerings, they just don’t have it in a complete fixture. It seems like it was one of their later releases, as an offering for DIY cob builders to use with their cob based drivers.

Great question! I get asked about lights several times a day, but rarely that. I like to make sure any specific light will hit a good intensity window for the space, usually around a ppfd average of 700-800 umols per second. There are plenty of reasons to go a little more or less, but I feel like if a user can get to intensity around there everything else kinda becomes less important. After that it becomes pretty much weighing the other options against each other. Stuff like cost, light spectrum, warranty, dimming features, or a lot of times it’s even availability. Each of those features mean something a little different to each individual, and without a big budget usually require a little give and take.

11 Likes

I’ll have to look more into it! Thanks!

Just a shot of that Giixer I was talking about …just to give everyone an idea.

Happy Growing!

Sincerely,
Bobby

1 Like

Chances are that light won’t perform the way it was advertised to, but give it a shot and see what you think. Most of them need to go watt for watt to perform with hps.

The cmh you asked about are great lights. If I wasn’t such an led dork those would probably be my first choice. They have the best light spectrum on paper, and they kinda bridge the gap between hps and higher performance leds in both cost and efficacy.

1 Like

Couldnt find much on the light because it seems to be just a no name Chinese Amazon seller, but the light consumes 110w.

What do you plan space and plant wise for this light… As in what are you expectations for that light?

Just off hand I would think you want 2 of these for 1 plant ballpark maybe even 3 it’s hard to know though without a light analysis or some expensive equipment

Yep. Found it, for those that are curious:

https://www.amazon.com/Giixer-Double-Spectrum-Hydroponic-Flower/dp/B07HFC7HV5

1 Like

Light recipe looks reasonable, but gonna be difficult to get a lot of 110 watt light. I’m sure it’s just as good as anything else out there for $70 at growing weed.

1 Like

@dbrn32 would know, lol.

Yeah 110w and 70$ is what to focus on sther then the *1000w!!!" advertising statement.
Nice to see they do provide some info on the light.

1 Like

I used the giixer 1000 and the 1200 togather and had good results on two plants what I don’t like is the fan noise that they make

1 Like

@BobbyCelo what was your yield on this grow per plant? How many Giixer 1000 lights did you use?

Hey, not sure if this thread is super old or not, but I saw that u were inquiring about Ceramic Metal Halide grow lights. Well I have 2 grow tents setup currently, with a 315 watt CMH grow light in the bigger of the 2 tents, then the Giixer 1,000 watt LED grow light in the smaller tent. I use the smaller tent with the Giixer in it for when they’re just sprouting & seedling stage, then once they’ve grown 2-3 sets of leaves, I put them under the CMH light. Now let me tell u… I’ve NEVER seen or owned such a powerful grow light! They say that it’s the closest thing that u can to natural sunlight indoors. All I ever used were LED lights before, I have prolly 3-4 different LED grow lights lol. But one day I went to my local hydroponics store cuz I needed a few supplies, n while there the owner & I got to talkin’, n I was telling him about my setups, and he pulls up a picture of 2 plants, they were both the same strain, he grew one under a CMH & one under a 1,200 watt full spectrum LED, and the one he grew under the CMH had to of been 3-4x bigger than the LED one. The size difference was straight up ridiculous! Needless to say, I ended up dropping the couple hundred n copper a CMH grow light right then & there lmaoo. By far THE BEST type of light that I have ever used. Veryyyyyy powerful. But, the downside to it is, compared to LED it creates A LOT of heat if you’re growing in a tent, so just make sure u have proper ventilation if you’re gonna go the CMH route. Also, I’d HIGHLY recommend that u do it the way that I’m doing it, with starting seedlings or clones under the LED, then put ‘em under the CMH once they’ve grown a few sets of leaves, cuz I’ve made the mistake of trying to grow them under the CMH while only seedlings and the light was just too powerful, it didn’t matter how high I raised the light up, it just completely fried the seedlings. That’s why I ended up buying a 2nd tent, so I can have plants growing at different stages in each tent. Works out pretty nicely, cuz by the time the ones under the CMH are ready for harvest, the ones under the LED can be moved to replace them, and a couple days before any of that I start germinating new seeds, that way when the others are moved under the CMH, the new ones are ready to be planted & placed under the LED. It’s a beautiful thing, I worked it out in a way so that I can have a fresh crop every couple months, especially since I’m using autoflowers. So I just blast them with 24 hours of light n they come out looking, smelling, & tasting AMAZING. Since buying the CMH, I’ve had some of the best harvests that I’ve EVER had. So my recommendation would be to do exactly what I am doing lol.