First Journal - From Build To Harvest

Thanks for the reply! this only my 2nd time posting on any kind of forum and i know ziltch about getting around in here hopefully ill learn in time. but yea looks like your getting a handle on things pretty fast, i did my first grow outdoor this last summer for shits & grins did 2 ladies in 5gal dont know how they survived put them thru hell lol! still managed bout 1/2 oz wasnt much but was tasty but this indoor stuff seems like a whole nother Beast in its self, gonna give it a go gives me something different to do in winter! but yea ill figure out how to follow your progress here and prob pick ur brain from time 2 time. Seems this place is really good at helping ppl thats really cool thats hard to come by these days in this world ! still have to pick out a heater, exhaust fan & humidifier the rh hovers around 25 here so dont know how big or how long to run it in the tent & like to put everything on a control, little things to figure out along the journey i suppose well Good Luck

2 Likes

@GreenPinkie is there any particular reason you went with the A version driver as opposed to the B ? im getting ready 2day to place an order but in order to keep it within one company i can only get the B, dbrn32 suggest the A on a post but i still waiting to hear back the reasoning other than mayb get a few more watts out of the A? btw kick ass job on the build looks nice & tidy big kudos my friend !

2 Likes

“A” version has a built potentiometer. The “b” version has wire leads to wire in your own…Simplicity won for me. If I’m not mistaken, the b version can be wired to dim down all the way and the “a” version can only go 1/2 power. There is some sort of transistor or something that needs to be added to the b version along with the potentiometer. @dbrn32 is the guy to ask about the specifics. Thanks for the compliments on the lights :love_you_gesture:t3::+1:t3:

1 Like

@GreenPinkie yeppers i know about the dimming functions between the two, the A you do get a few more watts out of it ! the B yes you would need a 100k ohm potentiometer for 1 driver if you were to want to dim both drivers at the same time you would use a 50k potentiometer atleast thats what ive researched b4! also if you are not aware there is a simple hack for the dimming function of the A driver it just extends the dimmer up a little ways so you can just turn a knob if needed without having to poke a screw driver in it, since im new i did read the forum policies but dont quite understand fully about mentioning other links or websites or even if you wanted to contact someone outside this forum it says you cant post personal info, so how would a person contact someone if needed ? im just trying to abide by the rules without getting the boot so early in my infant stage lol

1 Like

Tag them in your topic. There is no private messaging outside of forum staff.

2 Likes

Today Marks the first day of flipping to flower!!

It’s been a few days since bending the main stock on my second plant to almost a 90° angle. I can’t believe how well it’s done.

I got her stretching out now.

Here is the other plant for updates comparison.

And here they are side by side.

Sorry for the edits: having a moment with the photos :man_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

It’s been 2 weeks since my last update, so I figure I’d better get at it. Since flipping to flower, there has been some sort of nuclear growth bomb that has gone off in my tent. My whole house smells :blush:. While the wife and I are ok with it, friends have mentioned it and the Leon’s delivery guy gave me a “wholly” with this exact emoji for a face :flushed:. We both laughed and he went on his way. I guess next grow I better invest in a carbon filter :joy:
On to some pics.

I haven’t really shown the lights in a while, so here is one with and one without. Kinda hard to believe the plant on the left is the one I thought I was having problems with, turned out to be bigger than the other.

Here is a closer picture of one of the taller colas on the left plant and another random one.

I find 95% of the right side plant looks good, but I did notice that in some of the flowers, and certainly not all of them, there is a fragment of some type of burnt tips. If I were to measure the length of the brown tip, it would be less than 1mm.
Here is a wider shot and a close up of what I’m referring to. I prepare both plants water in the same vessel at the same time so they are receiving the same things. Both watering to runoff every watering. Nutes full strength every 3rd Watering, which works out to about once a week.

I have this much room left at the top of my tent in case things get any taller :+1:t3:

Happy Growing :love_you_gesture:t3:

2 Likes

Looking good. It’s some minor nute burn just the right amount to know your pushing them to their limit… The other one is just handling the stress slightly better no sweat just don’t feed any richer right now. They are just starting to get a nitrogen overload looks like because of the downward tips

Yeah carbon filters are a must once you start to get a jungle prevents to many people from knowing. Not sure if it’s legal in your country/state like it is in Canada but minor.

1 Like

Quick update. Things are changing pretty quick.
I have completely run outta lateral space in the tent. It’s full!!

Aside from that, buds are getting bigger and starting to get a bit frosty.

I didn’t add any “grow” nutrient last feeding. Just Micro and Bloom. See how they react to a couple feedings like that.

2 Likes

Looking Awesome my friend ! Looks like they can only go up from there now ! You have your lights cranked up right?

1 Like

They are at full. About 20” from canopy

so your around 274w ish mayb little more with (A) driver? i finally got all my strips 20. still contemplating over drivers prob just stick with the 2- 240 1050 & dim if necessary! but your killing it with the 120’s looks like your getting attacked when u unzip the door lol ! thats a good thing though, mayb bigger tent next go around if u have the space ! Peace :v::+1:

1 Like

Update. it’s the end of the 3rd week of flower.
Bud photo

:love_you_gesture:t3:

4 Likes

Kool rght on👍How many weeks left you think? Happy growing my friend Peace✌

1 Like

Good question… I’m planning 5 more, but I guess trichromes will be the true judge. The strain is Bruce Banner 3 and I think the website said 8 weeks flower, I have plenty of time to muck things up. Last feeding I cut the grow part of the formula out trying to hold back on nitrogen. I’ve had some leaves yellowing, so I’ve added it back this feeding. Lesson learned. Just follow the bottle instructions when you’re new :joy:
Today’s pic

2 Likes

Very nice shape and color

1 Like

Ahh hell life would be to easy if we didnt have a few brain farts & learn the hard way ! You got it handled just not so sure i do lol !

Update:
1 full month into flower.

So far, I think I have nothing to complain about. :+1:t3:

3 Likes

Ok. As I’m drawing closer to a close on this first grow, I have a question for anyone out there following…I’m in week 7 of flower, and have some yellowing of leaves on only 1 of my 2 plants. I looked at trichromes, they all look clear to me still. Question is: Is the yellowing a deficiency I need to take care of, or is it just the plant drawing near to end of cycle and buds are sucking it all in? Yellowing started about a week ago and is progressively getting worse. I’ve been still feeding as per the bottle directions on AN nutes. Last feeding was 4 days ago. Plain RO water yesterday.

3 Likes

It’s a lack of nitrogen looks like maybe add just a bit of the grow formula to stage it off. Ideally you should start to see yellowing for the first time when your start to flush but your a tad bit early.

1 Like