First Indoor Hydro 🌲

Well its been a hectic couple of days :upside_down_face:

Harvested an outdoor plant, all wet trimmed, washed and in the hanging rack inside the tent. Even with a plant drying in the there, the tent weather has been perfect, 75 average temps with 55-65 rh…

Now for the main attraction:

She is growing for sure, slowly at that tho. I have noticed that the stem is now pretty solid in the rockwool, unlike a few days ago where it was a bit wiggly. I have yet to see any seekers popping out of the net pot but the way the stem doesn’t wiggle anymore has me hopeful that she’s setting roots. Nice and green, tent conditions are good, lights at 30" and full dim…tomorrow marks 7 days since sprouting!

4 Likes

Wait until it takes hold and the growth explodes daily. It truly amazes me :+1:t2: :v:t2:

1 Like

@repins12 I’m paitently waiting…let me ask you this, my roots haven’t hit the water yet, but I’ve had the same water on the box for a week…ppms are are generally unchanged and the pH has swung a little bit, but not much, should I change the water?

2 Likes

I don’t change mine for at least two weeks. But, depending on environment and a verity of things, like water temp, room temp… etc. you may have too, or not.
Keep an eye on and smell the water to make sure it’s staying kinda fresh. You may be able to go a little longer. Cooler water and dark conditions will help. Keep it growing! :+1:t2::sunglasses:

2 Likes

In my Hydro system, I don’t change my res, unless I see issues. I just top off, sometimes just well water, other times water and nutes. It all depends on what they look like they need to me. :v:t2:

3 Likes

@spyonyou thanks for the input! I decided to let the water go seeing as there aren’t roots in it yet. Temps and smell is good, and the plant is continuing to grow so :crossed_fingers:

@repins12 I see, you run a recirculating system? :thinking:

1 Like

Absolutely growing!

3 Likes

Alright! Another checkpoint down…

2 Likes

I have my lights at full dim, and 30" from the top of the plant, HLG suggests 18-24" , i figured 30 was erring on the side of caution…any reason to change course with light height? I don’t think it’s really stretching…

1 Like

2 Likes

Very excited :grin:

2 Likes

Some update pics, getting bigger everyday

2 Likes

3 Likes

Roots are taking off!

3 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

4 Likes

5.82/317
I want to kick up the ppms a little bit but am quite unsure to go about this process since my water level is currently at about an inch and a half below the netpot and does not need to be changed. Im using fox farms nutes and have hydroguard and Humboldt secret calmag

1 Like