First Indoor Hydro šŸŒ²

Just wondered. I usually soak for up to 24 hours (I pull them before 24 if they crack, but try to not go over 24), then put them in a paper towel until have at least a Ā¼ inch of root.

1 Like

I skipped the cup soak, probably shouldnā€™t have, but I usually do the paper towel till I get a nice tap root as well and then go to the pot. But this time there is no pot! :exploding_head: OK so I went right to the rockwool, cause I was thinking, ā€œman its gonna be a pain in the arse to straight out a curly Q tap root to go in some rockwoolā€

ā€¦glad it was some of my old blue dream seeds that I learned a lesson on :grimacing:

Full disclosure: Iā€™m not a hydro grower and Iā€™ve never used rockwool, so I donā€™t know if a curly tap would make a difference in either, but the worst trouble Iā€™ve had one cause me is a slight delay and a curly stem.

@AloysiusDevadanderAbercrombie was never an issue going into soil!

Like learning to walk all over again

1 Like

My buddy tried to tell me it was ā€œjust bubbles in bucketsā€ when I told him it was a foreign language to me. :laughing:

1 Like

Dude we are in the same boat, my good friend did hydro for his last run after doing soilā€¦and it was like he was speaking French to meā€¦it confused me so much that now I have to do it!

3 Likes

:joy: Did we just become best friends? You wanna go do karate in the garage?

2 Likes

1000% karate in the garage, just no bunk beds

2 Likes

I usually soak mine until they sprout a tail around 1/4" then into rapid rooters or root riots. Never used rock wool. Some people love the rock wool but, my research showed that far more had issues with the rock wool. Just my understanding :v:

1 Like

Iā€™m gonna give it another go with the rockwool, I think party of my issue is the blue dreams are old seeds and I didnā€™t give the 2 that I dropped enough time to properly Crack open

Instead of trying to shove the seed with a big tap root into the tiny hole in the rockwhool , I split the cube in half down one side of the cube so that I can open it up and lay the seed in there just the way I want and then simply close it up and stick it in a solo cup with some hydrotone around itā€¦
:+1:
:v::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Thank you @peachfuzz Iā€™m going to try something similar to this, going to wait for a decent sized taproot to form in the paper towel, then will be taking a rectangular chunk off the rockwool and then putting a slit in the center of it and laying the taproot in the slit and depositing it in the hydroton in the net pot.

I just moved my seed from soaking in a cup to paper towel this morning

3 Likes

Oops the paper towel dried outā€¦

2 Likes

I hate it when that happens

1 Like

:rofl: wet it and here we go again!

1 Like

Had a moist paper towel this morning!

I got this guys :crazy_face:

1 Like

Put it in a zip lock bag and it wont dry outā€¦:+1::grin:
:v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

I peeked earlier, nice tap root coming out of the seed :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Tap root has doubled in length since this morning, probably a good 3/4 of an inch now

3 Likes

Started soaking the airstones, got my water ready to go to fill the SS box! I tested the box yesterday for leaks in the welds, we are 100% leak proof and ready to go!

3 Likes