First indoor grow!

I would fire that new light up.
You can always dim it and lower it.
Im at 18in and i run it 18 on and 6 off.
That new light will make a big difference
Are your plants Auto or photo

1 Like

My light also fills

the tent
Wall to wall light.

1 Like

I’m growing white widow photos

COOL same thing here

I personally would also fire up the new HLG also amazing choice in lighting btw like stated you can either dim the lighr or move it further away it will 100% help with heat and personally i wouldn’t run 24hr of light plants need rest it dosnt mater if they are photoperiods or Autos they all need rest witb autos 18/6 is a perfect light schedule to run from start to finish

Low light flourescent with 24 hr light in seed stage is fine. Alot of people run 24/7 for seedlings, me included

5 Likes

I gues with florescents or a low par its doable sense the light isnt as powerful ive just always been a firm believer on rest even if its a 20/4 cycle but thats just me i mite have to try running a auto on 24hr under a florescent how long do you typically run them on the 24hr cycle?

1 Like

I do it for two weeks then i transplant them and move under the main lighting. Fluorescent lighting works great for seedlings. Keeps the ladies short and plump. 350 ppfd at 24/7 works great. I change to 450 ppfd @ 18/6 after. Up to 550 by end of veg. Some people run up to 700 ppfd in veg, little overkill for my indicas.

1 Like

Awesome i appreciate it ill have to give it a go i have a couple spare florescent fixtures in the basment and specific florescent bulbs you using?

Mine are high output t5. With a blue plant spectrum of 6500k

1 Like

I run 24 hour light through the entire veg stage. Anything plants do at lights out they do with lights on. I run a MarsHydro FC-E4800.

Can anyone tell me if this looks like light burn.

1 Like

Probably not light burn. Since it is the lowest leaf and only on the tip, I bet it touched the soil.

1 Like

Just took out of solo cup and put in pot. 2 hours ago. Had it in solo cup

1 Like

Im gonna say water burn there was probably a little bit of water on the tip of the leaf its definitely not light or nute burn

Could it be from spraying them with water. Only 13 days old

It is possible but ask yourself, if you have been doing the same thing to all of the leaves then why only one showing signs of something. Do you have a dome of some sort? I don’t water or mist the actual plant typically at this age. Mist in the dome and put that on top and she will get all she needs from the humidity in the air. Looking pretty healthy for 13 days. This one is only a week old and super small.

1 Like

Took the dome off at 8 days. She was touching dome. Was thinking that could be reason but the dome has been off for 5 days.

1 Like

you good then. just make sure the lowest leaves do not touch the soil and i bet in a few days it wont be an issue.

1 Like

UPDATE! Two weeks today, they have

grown quite a bit since my last post, going into big pots this weekend!

3 Likes