First Indoor grow year, 2nd year outdoor grower

How much water would you guys add?

Ballpark about 3/4 cup each one.

2 Likes

Thank you. Man this gets confusing lol.

1 Like

Thank you all so much for your advise!!

2 Likes

This is more than you would normally need for plants this size in cups that small. But I agree that are dry, so a little extra probably won’t hurt. Just get a feeling for weight of cup before and after watering, and let dry out before watering again.

24-30" on light at half power should be plenty right now. If they recover and start stretching you can lower it some.

2 Likes

on thing about thise pots is they dehydrate quite fast. A solo cup will prevent moisture loss a bit better. The ideal scenario for seedlings is to pre moisten you media to a point of humid, so that it already has some moisture content before the seed is planted. Then as the surface appears to dry out, the grower use a bout a shot glass worth of water in a circle an inch or so away from the plant. This not done every day, its inly done as needed! The little plant will send root hairs out into the pre moistened soil as well. Eventually, the root will fill the cup and some hairs will be seen poking out the drain holes. Its pot up time! The sam process is repeated only this time we water with more water in a circle just outside the diameter of the old solo cup. Remember we pre charged our soil in the solo cup? We do that also to the soil in the new pot. That way it is humid all the way to the bottom and you dont have dry soil that only sees water if you drown your plant. I hope this makes some sense and is helpful.
Just one more thing. A good way to pre charge your soil is in a wheel barrow or tarp. Place the soil there and gently spray water on it, then mix it up real good. Repreat this gradually until it feels humid. Not wet! Not damp! Just evenly humid. You should be able to squeeze it and no water comes out. Then its perfect to pot up!

3 Likes

I agree with all of the above. They need water :v:

4 Likes

Thank you all very much! Advise taken! What a crazy ride growing indoor has been!

3 Likes

@Cannabian that all makes sense thank you for the detail! Greatly appreciated!!

2 Likes

Watered them yesterday afternoon, domed them until early evening. GDP has perked some but not the other 2. Should I risk it and try transferring them to solo cups? I feel like the peet pot is sucking up the water on them. Soil is getting dried out way to quickly. @Cannabian @repins12 @dbrn32 @Royc @Zee @Covertgrower

Pictures of them this morning

1 Like

Hate to break it to you, but the haze is toast IMO. The BW and GDP, I would move to one gallon pots, with soil up the bottom leaves. Your fine using FFOF, add 20% of perlite.

1 Like

@Zee i was afraid of that. Thank you so much for the guidance! Will do.

3 Likes

I would dome them after the transplant as well.

2 Likes

Thank you so much @Covertgrower I will! What humidity range do you suggest keeping your tent at?

1 Like

Anything above 70% if you can. For seedlings/small plants.

2 Likes

their right, GDP stretched, when transplanting bury a portion of the stem.

1 Like

in the future stick to solo cups, use peat and perlite. Once the seedlins get to the 3rd set of true leaves, give a deeper watering with seaweed extract mixed for seedlings. Wait a couple days then I pot up as the 5 fingered leaves are formed and by then the root should toatally fill the solo cup. But for now pot up as the others suggest. Sorry for your loss:( it happens. Those pots and clay pots are horrible for water retention. While little plants dont need much water, you dont want it wicked away either.

2 Likes

Thank you all so much! Your guidance and knowledge is greatly appreciated! The girls are all repotted Happy Frog mixture with 20% perlite mixed in. Well mixed and moistened before adding it to the pots and transplanting the girls. Also using the dome guidance. The GDP and 1 of the lemon drops have perked up, trying to save two in the back another lemon drop and black widow but they are in rough shape. We lost 1 purple haze and 1 lemon drop today. Started germinating some back ups this morning as well.

Thank you all so much again! Stay lit and goodnight my friends!!

3 Likes

Fingers crossed…smart move to germ some more. My germ method I learned from Hellraiser. Soak in tap water for 24 hours, into a solo cup of FFoF soil. Water soil with pH watered to 6.5, about 4 oz. Dig a half inch hole, add seed, cover. Add to tent…give it 4 to 5 days…no circular fan on it.

2 Likes

@Cannabian I noticed on another post you have the Infinity t6. Have you ever had it randomly jump to speed 10? It has happend twice to us. We have it in “on” mode so we can control the speed. We have not been in the room either time it has kicked up to 10, so we are not sure why its doing it. An alarm was going off todaybas well.